The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Josh sent me a tune last night at about 10 pm central time. So I went and loaded it up in the truck and went for a quick spin. Off the line it buzzed my 35's until 40 when they hooked. 50 came along and you better be holding on to something when the torque converter locks. This is a race file, but I havn't driven it enough to know if it is daily drivable yet.

·
370 Posts
What is this tune labeled as? Is this comparable to matt's 310? I need something hot for sled pulling this year. The 275 aint gonna cut it

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is this tune labeled as? Is this comparable to matt's 310? I need something hot for sled pulling this year. The 275 aint gonna cut it

The tune file is called badazz(race) :haha. I laughed when i opened it up. I don't know if its comparable to the 310 cause I don't have a spartan tuner.

·
370 Posts
Do you want to do some beta testing on my truck? I don't live to far from you. I could bring it up sometime and let you guys beat on it, on the dyno. I was running out of power with the 250 sled pulling last year

Paul

·
497 Posts
sounds crazy! im thinkn we need a vid :)

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds crazy! im thinkn we need a vid :)
Tried to get one with my phone, but it didnt come out very well. will see if I can get a better one later with my video camera

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
We have been beta testing for a few months now on 4 different trucks. (three autos and one 6speed.) We had a hard time with the transmissions initially but sure enough SCT left out some tables we needed. Finished those up last week. I am very happy with it. The race tune SAK is running needs water or NOS to keep it cool. But we have alot of 420 to 480 rwhp street tunes that run surprisingly cool.

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
I am really wishing I would have gotten a SCT programmer now instead of Spartan. It seems everyone tunes using the SCT. The only one using the dashdaq is spartan.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am really wishing I would have gotten a SCT programmer now instead of Spartan. It seems everyone tunes using the SCT. The only one using the dashdaq is spartan.
but spartan also has the fastest 1/4 mile to date and the most power on a dyno to date...
not saying that river city diesel's tune is bad but i haven't heard any numbers from it

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did some driving around today with it in, Daily driving is possible as long as you keep you foot out of it, the some it has is insane. You can drive it and get up to speed with it not smoking real bad, like any other hot tune. EGT's seem fair and according to the lie o meter its getting 27 mpg with a really bad head wind. Its always been off 6 mpg so if it is at 21 that's a vast improvement to my 14-15 mpg. Going to drive it some more this week and see what happens.

·