The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
very interesting test.... but im sure there will be excuses.... its nice to see these trucks being put to the test tho, beat them and see which ones copes the best with it :thumbsup

·
3,533 Posts
I do not understand why the torque converter would not stay in lock-up, in tow-haul my LMM goes from lock-up to torque to lock-up, almost instantly.

·
& amp; amp; amp; amp;
372 Posts
That's a good post, just in case you did not know I-70 is no joke, I would love to see a follow up test with even bigger loads.

·
3,533 Posts
I live in B.C. and I would like to see them do a test around hear, none of this BS about getting units from the companies, buy them off the lot in Edmonton. Drive to Clear water that should break them in enough, then you could have say all three trucks loaded to the maximum of the one with the lowest rating, carrying and trailers. The other two would get the maximum rating they have. So you would need five trucks. None of this 450 special treatment for Ford 350 off the lot, just like we buy. Fill them with fuel, drive to Merritt, That wrought gives then a while of relatively flat road then a long steep hill, then down to Merritt, no stopping, take a break at Merritt, then up and over on the #97c, to Kelowna, threw Kelowna to the #33, to Rock Creek, to the #3 to Grand Forks, That would be a good place to eat and stay the night. Next morning 3 minutes to Idle and then drive on the #3, back to Alberta.
That is the kind of rought that real units drive and will separate the real units from the want to be's. Just a thought!

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
It is liking throwing gas on a fire. GM reminds me of Mike Castle, or Lisa Murkowski, they cannot accept defeat. So you gotta find a way to defeat your opponent at whatever cost. That is fine. At the end of 250,000 miles you tell me which engine is holding up better. There is a reason why Ford is the number one for fleet owners, because of reliability and easy on the operator. I don't make this stuff up, the work force does. So comparing apples to oranges. If all it can do is get you there faster is all, then so be it, but I always say "going no where fast..." They say the tire size wasn't much difference, well what were they? The ford comes in three different tire sizes.

But wait, awww, GM couldn't compare apples to apples, because they know longer have the 4500 or larger chassis'. The F450 is built for towing and built for long miles to the working man. Again compare 4.1 to 4.1 or 3.73 to 3.73's. Also, just compare a 1 ton to a 1 ton. Again, you can jibber jab all you want, and gloat and stick out your chest and beat on it, but the fact of the matter is, Ford didn't take a handout!!!!

This test is like me going out and testing a Quadtrac Case IH to an Articulate John deere in Similar Horsepower. I can guarantee, in a plowing contest, the quadtrac will smoke any wheel tracked tractor. So come back when you have an apple to apple comparison.

I want a test between fords 6.7 and IH's 6.4 for real world work environment. That is what I am waiting for. I wanna see if ford made the right move or not and being in comparable chassis.

But all in all, sorry, come again when you have a real side by side test.

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is liking throwing gas on a fire. GM reminds me of Mike Castle, or Lisa Murkowski, they cannot accept defeat. So you gotta find a way to defeat your opponent at whatever cost. That is fine. At the end of 250,000 miles you tell me which engine is holding up better. There is a reason why Ford is the number one for fleet owners, because of reliability and easy on the operator. I don't make this stuff up, the work force does. So comparing apples to oranges. If all it can do is get you there faster is all, then so be it, but I always say "going no where fast..." They say the tire size wasn't much difference, well what were they? The ford comes in three different tire sizes.

But wait, awww, GM couldn't compare apples to apples, because they know longer have the 4500 or larger chassis'. The F450 is built for towing and built for long miles to the working man. Again compare 4.1 to 4.1 or 3.73 to 3.73's. Also, just compare a 1 ton to a 1 ton. Again, you can jibber jab all you want, and gloat and stick out your chest and beat on it, but the fact of the matter is, Ford didn't take a handout!!!!

This test is like me going out and testing a Quadtrac Case IH to an Articulate John deere in Similar Horsepower. I can guarantee, in a plowing contest, the quadtrac will smoke any wheel tracked tractor. So come back when you have an apple to apple comparison.

I want a test between fords 6.7 and IH's 6.4 for real world work environment. That is what I am waiting for. I wanna see if ford made the right move or not and being in comparable chassis.

But all in all, sorry, come again when you have a real side by side test.
Wow someone is but hurt and gm did not do the test pickuptrucks did also 15mph faster is a *** whooping:bawl

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
Wow someone is but hurt and gm did not do the test pickuptrucks did also 15mph faster is a *** whooping:bawl

Trust me I am not hurt at all. I am an IH guy, 100%, so I am not brand loyal to ford, GM, or Dodge, Just IH. Again, you can not handle the truth in my book. Me and many thousands of others out there like side by sides, but we like to see things apples to apples. I don't know why Dodge wasn't invovled with this test. I just think you gotta use this as a crutch or you suffer from small man syndrome?? IDK?

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Trust me I am not hurt at all. I am an IH guy, 100%, so I am not brand loyal to ford, GM, or Dodge, Just IH. Again, you can not handle the truth in my book. Me and many thousands of others out there like side by sides, but we like to see things apples to apples. I don't know why Dodge wasn't invovled with this test. I just think you gotta use this as a crutch or you suffer from small man syndrome?? IDK?
Hey thats cool you like the ford better .Ill stick with the one that has bigger brakes better exhaust brake more power to the ground and a 10 year proven power train with a nice fully box frame.Like i said i dident post this to hurt feeling and no i dont have small man syndrome.Have a good day

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
Oh goody, another brand vs brand thread.

Thread done.

I'll close the thread every time it turns into this.

This site is geared to be an all brand site. Diesel owner helping diesel owner. Do you guys realize how hard it is too keep the fighting off the web site? Help us out and leave the pissing match in PM's.

As for all the side by side testing, BIG DEAL. By a truck with YOUR money thats suits YOUR needs. That is the BOTTOM line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.