The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member # 70
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo, i want to put some marker lamps on the top of my truck.

i want them to be kawasaki green, therefore i am looking for kawi green lamps or clear ones to paint. anyone know where i can find a kit of something? maybe just the lamp assemblies is fine, i can do the rest.

thanks.

·
812 Posts
i went to the local truck parts store and had them order the ford style cab lights. i think it was like 26 dollars for the set of 5 lights

·
Registered
222 Posts
it would be tight if you could do clear ones with green bulbs

·
129 Posts
im sure you could get green bulbs. if not peop boys has light covers i got red ones for my interior but that wold work for cab lights too.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #77
940 Posts
Just a thought...Aren't red cab lights illegal?

·
Registered
204 Posts
i think the green lights on the top will look good. be sure to post some pics. I don't know if you can order the green lenses, but i know you can get green bulbs. The covers work, but they don't look as good, and the heat from the bulb makes them brittle. the bulbs i got had stained glass, so they couldn't fade. I believe i got them from autozone. also, you can get led lights in whatever color you want that fit the 194 bulb. thats what I run in my gauges, green led lights.

·
Found On Russ' Drive
693 Posts
Any light facing forward must be white or amber. Just so you know.

·
TDG Mafia Member # 70
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
joebob3093 said:
i went to the local truck parts store and had them order the ford style cab lights. i think it was like 26 dollars for the set of 5 lights

what type of truck store? all i have is advanced auto, autozone, napa, and a pep boys down the road.

recon wants $69 plus shipping for the clear kit, i dont want to spend that much. especially since i am going to buy 3 kits, to put along the bed rails, to give me the big rig sense.

i plan on doing it within august, i will definitely post some pics.

any tips on mounting them? i think i am going to silicone around the holes i drill.

how hard is it to get the headliner down, while not killing it?

·
TDG Mafia Member # 70
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
96 stroker said:
check ebay for the clear covers

i dont have any markers on top of my truck, i found the clear lenses and full kits from recon for $69, i dont want to spend that much.

i will take the stock ford ones for starters.

·
812 Posts
i went to a big truck shop to get them, and since you have a crew cab you can pull the head liner and slide it as far back as you can so you can drill the holes, then once you get them mounter i used a little silicon around the lights.

·
TDG Mafia Member # 70
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I order my cab lights today. The kit came to $42.85 shipped. They are green lenses with a white bulb. beehive shape.

i cannot wait to get them in and installed. should be bad a**. i will definatly send pics.

and i am the law, so i am not worried about them not being amber or white.

·
TDG Mafia Member # 70
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BlindViper said:
You better get them on straight too.
hahaha, i will. its gonna be sweet when i finnish. my clear turn signal markers came in yesterday. i cant wait to get everything in and together.

the ts come in yet?

·
928 Posts
AllOut0606 said:
and i am the law, so i am not worried about them not being amber or white.

Membership has it's privileges :Thumbup:

____

·
TDG Mafia Member # 70
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BillsFan said:
Membership has it's privileges :Thumbup:

____

it sure does, but i am not a cop, my dad is, so i have some convenient FOP tags. they work wonders. plus, my bro in law is in charge of patrol for the sheriff department in my county. :-D

=========================================================

So i tried to remove the roof mounted center console that displays temp, mpg, and miles to go, but i couldnt get it. there are two tabs on the inside of it, i pushed them at the same time, but no luck.

please help.

·
190 Posts
AllOut0606 said:
hahaha, i will. its gonna be sweet when i finnish. my clear turn signal markers came in yesterday. i cant wait to get everything in and together.

the ts come in yet?
Nope how its in the mail now, let tony what I wanted last week so my finders are crossed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts