The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to put a magnetic roof beacon on my NH backhoe for road transport. It already has a magnetic plate mounted to the roof and a plug in socket. However, the socket looks smaller than a regular cigar lighter socket. I believe Britax calls it a 72591 socket. My cab has a switch that energizes the roof socket.

The dealer only offers the old school rotating bulb style made by Britax. I'd prefer a flashin xenon type. Anyone know of a flashing beacon with a magnetic base and the mini plug for the smaller britax style socket? This is the closest I found on page 12 of catalogue below.

http://www.britax-pmg.com/catalogue.html

·
TDG MAFIA
1,270 Posts

·
7.3 addict
644 Posts
man o man could I get in trouble.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can go to an AGCO dealership they can get you a mini plug. The old Fendt tractors didn't have a cigar plug but had these mini plugs for a power outlet in the cab and we had to get a min plug to convert to the bigger plug.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You mean it's like an adapter that goes from mini socket to cig lighter size?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I think you can either get the adapter or just the plug.

Also our Case tractors has the mini plug below the cigar lighter so I think you may be able to get them at a Case or New Holland dealer since they are both the same. We don't use it on the Case tractors so I forgot about these plugs in them until I was thinking about it.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd like to get the adapter that way I can use whatever magnetic base strobe I want.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Duke, not sure if you found what you want just yet, but check out http://www.strobesnmore.com/. They have a lot of stuff that may work for you. Also did you consider going LED?

·
118 Posts
AW Direct are great to deal with and are right here in CT.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't see any of them with the mini-plugs. All have the larger size cig-plugs on the.

·
480 Posts
Page 13 at the bottom of the Britax catalogue you posted has the model 274 Xenon magnetic mount beacon with a plug that fits a cigar lighter or a DIN 72591 socket.The fine print under the picture of the beacon states that it fits either plug. Britax model # 274.00 Further details are on page 18. Page 14 also has a bunch that seem to be what you're after as well.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't see any of them with the mini-plugs. All have the larger size cig-plugs on the.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I saw that, too. Problem is, I can't find a Britax dealer that sells to the end user. All I can find are wholesalers that want to sell 50-100 beacons to distributors.

·
50 Posts
How hard would it be to just cut and splice the wiring and install the regular cig-lighter size socket? That way you would have endless options of lights. Or if you could find the right plug, cut and splice it into the wiring of whatever light you want to buy.

I agree on AW Direct having everything one might need. However, while the selection is not quite as large, I prefer www.truckntow.com for most things. Their prices are usually much better than AW and it's still good quality stuff in my experience. They usually have what I need, but if not AW almost always does. Worth checking out, especially for all you AW Direct lovers...:D

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The mini socket is molded directly into the HN backhoe roof. It can't be altered.

What a flippin PITA this kind of crap is.....It's like they go out of their way to make sh*t more complicated just to make life miserable.:wtf:bash

·
480 Posts
sorry, thought maybe you had missed it.
I guess there's no way the backhoe dealer could special order something out of the Britax catalogue?
There are some online stores selling the stuff, but the shipping from Britain would probably be rude.

I saw that, too. Problem is, I can't find a Britax dealer that sells to the end user. All I can find are wholesalers that want to sell 50-100 beacons to distributors.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry, thought maybe you had missed it.
I guess there's no way the backhoe dealer could special order something out of the Britax catalogue?
There are some online stores selling the stuff, but the shipping from Britain would probably be rude.
Oh there's dealers in the USA, but the only ones I find sell wholesale to dealers, not end users like me. :swear

1 - 20 of 30 Posts