The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a roof rack on the cab of their 250? I'm wanting one that doesnt require drilling through the roof. Any pictures?

·
7 Posts
I hate to see a lonely message with out a reply... Have you considered the Thule or Yakama?

Thule makes: 690XT M.O.A.B. Mother of all baskets that I believe just uses tension where the door meets the roof in the lip.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Yakama all the way. Their stuff is expensive but well worth the cost of what you pay.

·
72 Posts
Bub, you own the wrong automobile.
Roof racks don't belong on pick up trucks.
thats why they have 'beds', a.k.a. cargo area.
sell the truck and buy a small SUV like a SUBARU or TOYOTA.
those are the vehicles that need roof racks for toting around snow boards, skis, bikes, groceries, etc.

·
72 Posts
those are the vehicles that need roof racks for toting around snow boards, skis, bikes, groceries, etc.

·
147 Posts
Hmmm, can that SUV tow a fifth wheel while hauling bikes on top?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
:popcorn

Sent from my IPhone 4s An AT&T not so 4G phone via Tapatalk.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Hmmm, can that SUV tow a fifth wheel while hauling bikes on top?
I bet there is more than one hippy out there driving a Subaru Outback that has attempted to tow a fifth wheel with it. LOL.

Have you thought of using a bike rack that would mount on the rear bumper of the camper? I had one that mounted to the class 3 hitch on the back of my camper. Loved it.

·
147 Posts
I bet there is more than one hippy out there driving a Subaru Outback that has attempted to tow a fifth wheel with it. LOL.
Ha ha!

The problem is, he used the bike rack on top for the hitch! :roflol:

Have you thought of using a bike rack that would mount on the rear bumper of the camper? I had one that mounted to the class 3 hitch on the back of my camper. Loved it.
I'm not in the market for a rack now, myself, but may be in the future. I have seen and heard too many horror stories about hauling bikes on the back due to all of the bouncing. I have an ultralite, so welding a bike rack to the frame out back may be a no-no.

As for now, we just take the kids' bikes in the bed since our kids aren't quite big enough for my wife and I to go riding as well yet (we have to walk along with the 3 year old), but in a few years, I am going to have to come up with a way to haul our bikes too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts