The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i finally got the HRVP and really like it. However i am still see the rough idle and sometimes engine dying after a real hard run. One time before the pump it was almost like the pump cavitated. Truck would not start it had to have had air in the lines.

After i put the HRVP on i was hopping that the hard starts and the rough idle would stop.

What can it be. I have the fass and it never sees less than 10psi. I have tried two sets of injectors, replaces the IAT and MAP.

It only does this after a hard acceleration. Sounds like there is air in a fuel line. You can tap the pedal just a little and it will stop.

Does anyone have a clue what might be causing this.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I know that with a set of big injectors it will lope pretty hard after it makes a hard run. Mine started doing it after the injectors. I don't know how big the 10hole injectors are but they may be the cause.

Does the fass start when the key is on or when the engine is turning over?

·
567 Posts
My buddies does the same thing, it started doing it after he put his 7 at 12's in and 93 thousandths fuel lines......He also has a fass. He thought he needed a bigger stand tube....

·
400 Posts
10 holes are huge, mega fuel, my friend used to run them but took them out because it sucked to drive in the city with them.

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i really really like the 10 holes and plan on upgrading to the 11holes. But i have pulled the .093 tubes out and put back factory ones also dropped back down to my jammer 4's and a new HRVP. And it is still doing it. It has done if for a really really long time. I am just a little concerned about it now haveing paided for a HRVP. It has to be related to the fass cause it seems like thats when it started. But i put a bunch of stuff on when the fass went on.
Fuel pressure never drops

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smokem said:
I had that problem once.

How did you fix it??????????????????

·
Registered
422 Posts
also, has anyone else heard that some of the hrvp's lope on their own?

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah they do but they do it at idle. I have talked to II about whats going on and its not a normal thing for the hrvp to act like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts