The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about the rough idle I'm experiencing with my PSD. I just finished some mods (HPOP, TN BB Turbo, intercooler, ITP fuel system, DP tuner. With the tuner out of the truck, and a stock PCM the truck will idle rough and cycle within 100-200 RPM as though a load is being placed on the engine every 3 to 5 seconds. I unplugged the ICM sensor and the truck runs smoothly without any cycling. Can this sensor be fouled?

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
fill out ur sig dont know what year yr truck is other mods etc i would try and clean the contacts at the pcm/chip

·
169 Posts
bgff250 said:
Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about the rough idle I'm experiencing with my PSD. I just finished some mods (HPOP, TN BB Turbo, intercooler, ITP fuel system, DP tuner. With the tuner out of the truck, and a stock PCM the truck will idle rough and cycle within 100-200 RPM as though a load is being placed on the engine every 3 to 5 seconds. I unplugged the ICM sensor and the truck runs smoothly without any cycling. Can this sensor be fouled?
Yes ,,the ICP sensor can be bad ,,look for leaking oil ...Its usually the IPR ,but the ICP is the easier & the cheaper of the 2 tests unless you have a scanner ...

·
Registered
31 Posts
when my truck is warm i get a lopping of about 500 to 1000 rpms at a idle? no codes..seems to run good besides that? any suggestions what i should be looking for?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts