The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your help again guy's. Have a 7.3 non-turbo in an '88 f250. Couple day's ago I was driving at low speed and the engine seemed to just 'power down', not really just quit running so much as felt the engine fall off and then shut down. Caught a whiff of an awful smell moments before this happened. Popped the hood, and the second injector from the front, driver's side was covered in fuel. Replaced the o-rings in the return tree and hose between it and front injector. The hose I bought seems to be larger in diameter than the one I replaced, but I can't seem to get the same size to fit.

Now, engine starts and runs really good, until I get down the road with it. Then begins to run really rough. Powers up and down while driving, bucking and kicking while idling.

Thanks for any help

·
51 Posts
Having bout the same problems!!

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know if this helps you, but we replace the fan clutch. Also found that someone has left one of the copper washers in the head when changing out an injector and I still haven't been able to remove it. I now have a dead miss but not cutting out on me anymore. I've got the washers stacked in the head and over torqued till I can make time to remove it.

·
6 Posts
Sounds like you need to buy a return line kit and replace all the "O" rings, hoses and fittings. I bought one for my up coming project on e-bay for $24.00 last week they can cost anywhere from $22.00 to $80.00 depending on where you buy it

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks but already replaced lines and 0-rings. thats a good price for the kit though. think i gave around 50 from auto zone. had truck running sweet 3 days ago. had a copper washer seized in cylinder head at injector port. finally got it out. truck ran awesome about a day and a half. now missing again. hotter it gets the worse it runs. had a cracked fuel line causing that same prob last week. had it soldered. got a feeling (or i'm hoping) replacing the line will fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts