The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After washing my car this morning I started my truck up and it was a really rough start with a lot of white smoke. This is the first time it has done this and I don't know what to think of it. I was racing around the day before with ID's extreme street tune and I'm not sure if this is a direct cause of that. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What's the biggerst tell tale of bad injectors? I was doing some research and the white smoke might be a bad injector. Would it still shoot out white smoke once the truck warms up? Could it just be a fluke and if it doesn't happen again don't worry about it? Need some help on diagnosting the problem.

My wife is telling me to quit spending money on my truck and go buy a new Duramax, she loves how quiet are new motorhome is.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SSpeeDEMONSS said:
could be injector problem. maybe cracked EGR cooler?

is it like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2iqqU2eyAg

Garrett
Garrett- It was almost indentical to that. Did your truck do it everytime at start up or only the first start of the day? How did it run after that...did it still smoke while driving? Oh well I might need some new injectors- perfect timing because I plan on doing some upgrades.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
it only does that when its cold or has been sitting for a while. the rest of the day is fine. it runs a little rough at first but once its warmed up its fine.

Garrett

·
2,951 Posts
SSpeeDEMONSS said:
it only does that when its cold or has been sitting for a while. the rest of the day is fine. it runs a little rough at first but once its warmed up its fine.

Garrett
My truck blows white smoke when I first crank her cold. But when she warms up she stops. Do you still have the cat on the truck? I have the cat delete pipe from mbrp. I let my wife drive so I could see if it smoked driving down the road. when the truck was cold it would smoke white everytime she got on it but would onl;y do it for a second ot two then would clear out. After she warmed up she does not smoke white. It never smokes like the video does above. I have always thought it was because of the cat not being there.

Lonnie

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
no cat here, i took it off 4 hours after i bought'er. im pretty sure it's an injector issue for me. when it's real cold(for me <30) it will smoke a little when it's cold. but once it's warmed up, its nothing but :smoke .

Garrett

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What would be the best way to have it diagnosed?

·
1,660 Posts
if its really cold out i think its normal for them to smoke a bit . the cylinder is too cold to burn the fuel 100%

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mattsn said:
if its really cold out i think its normal for them to smoke a bit . the cylinder is too cold to burn the fuel 100%
It smoked quite a bit and it wasn't that cold outside. I'm really starting to think it's a injector problem, I'll see if she smoke tomorrow morning.

Is there anything else that could have caused it smoke like that? Is there a chance that this was just a one time thing?

·
1,660 Posts
do you have the inductive heating flash? if not i would get that first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts