The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I live in South La. where it hardly ever gets cold. We don't have winter blend fuel being as it might drop below freezing 1-2 days a year. Last couple of days it's been down in the 40's in the morning and the trucks running real rough at first. Seems to run fine once she gets warmed up...

Wondering if it has something to do with non-winter blend fuel??

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
It's probably not the fuel. You might want to check and see if you have the lastest flash with the inductive heating, I hear it makes a world of difference.

·
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the inductive heating flash...got it when it first came out.

To clarify a little it only runs rough for about the first couple minutes. Soon as I crank it I put the high idle on and let it sit for a while. About the first minute it's kind of sputtering a little and then it cleans up, but still runs a little rough for another minute or so.

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Don't quite know what it could be then unless you have gotten a bad batch of go-go-juice or maybe a bad injector. Good luck though what ever it is.

·
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know. Don't think it's a bad injector. No noticable power loss and no white smoke.

·
645 Posts
hows your oil look, not changing itwill lead to this very easily. if its really thick and black as night then i would change it. if the oil is fine then an injector would be the next bet. you would have to hook up to a scanner and see what cylinder is weak on a cold start. or if there are any codes for injectors then its obvious, sometimes it will set a code for a sticky injector on cold starts.

·
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just changed the oil the other day.

I asked the dealer if they would check for a bad injector and they said they couldn't???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts