The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
2,555 Posts
Yep , just swap the front 2 gear sets around, you might have to get the snap ring groove cut in the former 3rd speed gear:toytruck if you plan to work it much you need a cooler

·
2,555 Posts
Pretty close for sure you get 3 OD ratios, 11th (same as 13th before) 12 .74 and 13 .62
numbers are from memory and sometimes reality is different .:peelout

Reactions: 1964reo

·
Registered
489 Posts
:gaahRTO-913 as well as a RTO9513 and I can't see what can be swapped around inside to come up with those ratios. I think it requires the purchase of different gears to make it into a RTOO model. like 379lh say this way is more easy and cheap but the last positions are backwards 1foreway 2back 3back 4foreway:confused:if you work on the rockys your truck is going to be a turtle on a hill but on a plain there super fast like a bugatti veron

·
237 Posts
Do what 379 said and you'll love it except for the noise if it's in a conventional, cabovers not as bad as your not sitting right over the transmission. Enjoy:peelout

·
Registered
489 Posts
had a 14613 and 12th was .73 13th was .62
:thumbsupwith all the transmission you can do the same 9513,12513,14613,but to change or convert OO you need to change 11 gears if the :confused:memory dont backfire:confused: this cost to much:bang i seen on ebay motors, but im not sure if its originals or converted but to change the front gears his name is(transverse)but the fastest i know we call Canadian this uses a body(housing) of 15 OD speed but with all gears from a 14613 and except three gears front a 15 with this you'll fly :thumbsup with this youll roar like wolves and it will make you cry to any differential

·
19 Posts
:thumbsupwith all the transmission you can do the same 9513,12513,14613,but to change or convert OO you need to change 11 gears if the :confused:memory dont backfire:confused: this cost to much:bang i seen on ebay motors, but im not sure if its originals or converted but to change the front gears his name is(transverse)but the fastest i know we call Canadian this uses a body(housing) of 15 OD speed but with all gears from a 14613 and except three gears front a 15 with this you'll fly :thumbsup with this youll roar like wolves and it will make you cry to any differential
Got it, I think, no not sure, but you might be right

·
381 Posts
I've got an old (78) modle in my 88 f800 crane truck , and it works great. I thought abt swapping 3rd & 4th for a double oo, but I don't think my little 7.8 would pull it down the road!The trans has close to a million miles on it, & it howls in od, but the 5 inck straights kill the gear noise.Unless you have at least 350 h.p., good luck keeping up your speed.:goodvsevil

·
381 Posts
flying pig; where are you located? I could possibly use the trans if is a rto9513. My cell # is 407 393 0441. Thanks---BOB:toytruck

·
The other guy
3,936 Posts
I hope that last post dont violate the no sellin stuff rule.
This board, as apposed to the "competition pick-up" boards, is purdy much self regulated. If anything helps someone else, we post at will. No real concrete rules like other forums and stuff. If it helps, we write it down. The idea being to just keep us all on the road and save some money if we can :happymugs (the only exception seems to be vendors for PDI or their competition getting into little wars. Always seems to work out tho and haven't seen it happen in quite a while now. Very few vendors in this section anyway)

·
2,555 Posts
We also have a HD buy and sell sticky at the top of the forum page

1 - 20 of 38 Posts