The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I heard that a guy who has a Spartan blew his head gaskets and FOMOCO told the dealer to send them the files and they aren't going to warranty the work??

This is a Friend of a friend (so there may be other variables) and I guess the guy was yelling and screaming at Ford in regards to how long the work was taking so they be just looking for something

So IF there is any truth behind the story what file would they ask for? and how would they know?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thats the first I have heard of head gasket problems nice to know!!

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Goes to show you that if you act like an :***. They will go out of their way to get you. I had no problems when they did my HG. He11. Everyone knows they even put the Elite studs in for me. They know I'm tuned and told me that they would NEVER deny my warranty there. Treat them with respect and dont lie to them and everything will work out. No one is buying trucks like they were even 6mnths ago. Some dealerships, the warranty work is fattening up their bottom line allowing them to stay afloat and not lay anyone off.

·
59 Posts
Goes to show you that if you act like an :***. They will go out of their way to get you. I had no problems when they did my HG. He11. Everyone knows they even put the Elite studs in for me. They know I'm tuned and told me that they would NEVER deny my warranty there. Treat them with respect and dont lie to them and everything will work out. No one is buying trucks like they were even 6mnths ago. Some dealerships, the warranty work is fattening up their bottom line allowing them to stay afloat and not lay anyone off.
Thats because Warranty work is the only way these dealerships are surviving right now, i have a buddy that owns a Ford Dealership and he says that his service department is the only thing keeping him afloat

·
BCJAG72
139 Posts
I would think that it would be best to put your truck back to stock and take it in. Still always treat them the way you want to be treated. I wouldn't tell them that it is tuned. That will just give them something to look for.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Granted my relationship with my dealer is one that most people dream of.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I dont think most dealers really care if your tuned right now. As long as your still giving them business. Weve bought quite a few fords at our local Ford dealership, so i doubt they will give us any trouble.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with the repsect thing

Like I said I don't know for sure what is going on but I will know more in a week or so.

I am still curious on what file they would want and what the file will tell them if anything... ?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I think the key statement is "screaming and yelling". If anyone came into my place of work and did that. They would be shown the door and it would be my mission to screw them over. Not by doing anything bad. Just to find something legit to really stick it to them. Denying warranty would be a good way to do it. Lesson learned.

Brent. How did you make out. Good I hope....:thumbsup

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it goes in next week I hope!!

·
169 Posts
So I heard that a guy who has a Spartan blew his head gaskets and FOMOCO told the dealer to send them the files and they aren't going to warranty the work??

This is a Friend of a friend (so there may be other variables) and I guess the guy was yelling and screaming at Ford in regards to how long the work was taking so they be just looking for something

So IF there is any truth behind the story what file would they ask for? and how would they know?
My kid works for ford the pull the file the hold's the rail pressure once it gone over a not sure what they cal but a certain amount past then norm they say only a chip can do that and flag are say no

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
huh????? Proof read before posting

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
I "think" he's saying the file that holds the rail pressure numbers.

Leads to the question: Is there a file that holds the historical values of the rail pressure and if so, for how long?

·
The DUDE!!
1,806 Posts

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I "think" he's saying the file that holds the rail pressure numbers.

Leads to the question: Is there a file that holds the historical values of the rail pressure and if so, for how long?
I dont believe there is.

·
169 Posts
Sry about my last post - I'll be sure to proof read for now on - I had him ask how they can tell and that's what his serivce mgr told them - Now i am not knowing if it's B.S - Just going by what he was told

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I'll talk with my srvc manager tomorrow when the truck is getting serviced. He handles all the warranty(area rep) as well. Now talking with the tech in some depth. To his knowlage there is no stand alone backup data logger.

·
169 Posts
that be good to know that would mean there just tryin to make ppl think so they not tune there trucks

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
If they are looking at rail pressure to catch tuning. Spartan boys should be safe. I believe that Spartan adjust the advance and pulse width not rail pressure. I can HAMMER on my truck and not see anything over 25,500psi running the 275. I can also see 25,500psi with the stock file loaded. But I will still talk with my guy.

How did you get the 310?????

·
773 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts