The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we are getting ready to get hot n heavy into pulling season. Who all feels there should be a class "run what you brung class"? I don't care it it is a 7000# class, 8K# class, 10K# etc. I think it would add some additional excitement to the pulling world...

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
not a puller but I think thats a good idea. Only issue is the purse, but then, who says you have to have one?

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
I HATE run what you brung... that is all there is around here so that means you have full blown pullers pulling against trucks w/ only a tuner.. there is NO competition there.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
thats the reason they need to standardize the rules across the country with all the little county fairs running by those rules. But it will never happen.

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
I HATE run what you brung... that is all there is around here so that means you have full blown pullers pulling against trucks w/ only a tuner.. there is NO competition there.
:whs:damnit

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Kinda what i was thinking. Once some of the big pullers get wind of an easy kill its all over the tuned trucks.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
I just wish I could pull with my fiberglass good...dumb rules.

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was leaning toward more stock for the rules. Yes I know hopped up performers can ruin the fun for all. That is why it should all be stock, besides tires. My impression of a run what you brung pull is everything. I don't care it you bring bulldozer, dumptruck or what. A run what you brung is everything, tractors, trucks, construction equipment etc. If it runs and can make weight and pull, then pull it... minus the mods.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
I like it do the fact that anything can happen seen 400hp out pull 800hp before. Lots of factors mechanical break downs, traction, turbos may come up when they should etc... I just like to see if your scared to put it to the floor or not. Its one of those things you never know till you hook and go. I totally agree with it. Not calling you out hhrecovery just saying what i like:happymugs

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
There are a lot of RWUB Pulls in KY, most of the time its the OPEN Class...I personally like it, most of the time its the same trucks that pulled 2.8, but sometimes you get someone w/ twins, drugs, and some crazy stuff...idk i dont mind them...now the new workstock class we have BLAH...its Duramax donimated and a lot of trucks w/ a box or a programmer and no sense on sled pulling...a lot of uncalled for destruction...

Nate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts