The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my truck that has stumped the mechanics. The truck seems to run rough when cruising at light throttle. It feels like I'm randomly tapping on the brake. At first it only happened when ambient temps were over 90. Now it does it any time. I bought a scan gauge and FICM voltages are between 47.5 and 48.5. Injector pressure is between 580 and 3800. It's not throwing any error codes.

It could be a brake problem, but I checked the brake temps and they're all running about 150 degrees after it happened.

One mechanic suggested that it might be transmission problems, but in my experience most transmission problems start with slipping when you start off from a stop or when backing.

The truck is currently in the shop for new head bolts and they're going to check the injectors. In the meantime, I'm a little nervous about taking on a trip.

2006 F-250HD 6.0 Powerstroke

·
3,051 Posts
I hope they are putting ARP headstuds in and not the oem bolts?

While in there, now is a good time to upgrade all your high pressure oil systems weak links with new...STC HPOP Fitting Update Kit....Oil Rail Stand Pipes...Oil Rail Dummy Plugs.

Your cruising speed stumbling issue could be turbo related or even high pressure oil leakage related. At this point you'll have to wait and see how it runs after it's back together.

Harry

Reactions: mabynack

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Studs

Yes. New ARP studs, OEM gaskets, new OEM Oil Cooler, Coolant Filter, EGR Cooler Bypass, new oil lines for the turbo.

The turbo was cleaned last year, so hopefully that isn't a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts