The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow.... thats all i can say. i had a K&N but it just did not fit real well and did not add alot of power. I'm not a S&B employee!! i just want to get the word out about this intake. when something is that easy to put in and it does well i can not help it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Give us a link show us what it is!

·
754 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I installed mine yesterday and am very happy. I'm not even an armchair mechanic and I was able to install the S&B in an hour (very meticulous since I suck at wrenching). It really was a 'measure twice, cut once' approach, so if you're mechanically inclined, this thing could be installed in a half hour.

The only hassle I had was getting the hump adapter/flange adapter connection. Took about 10 minutes for me to get that all done.

I love the results! Turbo is noticeable under acceleration but the truck is quiet while croozin'. Great buy IMO.

Now for chips and gauges. Not planning on messing with the exhaust....Yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They rock I can't say anything bad about em

·
Diesel Poser
3 Posts
I dont see the point of putting an intake on a diesel unless your running a bigger turbo or twins. the ac delco drop in have proven to be very efficient and will cost you 90% less.

unless of course you just like to hear it.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
nickyreno said:
I dont see the point of putting an intake on a diesel unless your running a bigger turbo or twins. the ac delco drop in have proven to be very efficient and will cost you 90% less.

last time i checked this wasnt a gm or chev we were talking about, ive never seen anything AC delco on a dodge, besides the factory intake tubing is constrictive, with baffels and pinches, and the factory air filter is also restrictive

you can gut the intake tube and drill holes in the factory airbox, and get an aftermarket filter that will flow better, but you can still gain more airflow from an aftermarket intake boost tube and a cylindrical filter with a far larger surface area:Thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
i'm perfectly happy with mine. no complaints here

·
754 Posts
nickyreno said:

On the Cummins an aftermarket intake (No AC Delco in them) means better airflow which means better MPG's, lower EGT's, better throttle response, and better power. This is especially true while using programmers and boxes.

Of course that only matters if you are in to those sorts of things.

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
man its great to see so many people with this intake. i really don't for s&b or for them. i am just so happy with mine and my friends love theres. i feel that everyone should at least look into it. well hope to see some of you at the shows this summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts