The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally got a chance to run my against my buddys 6leaker with a six gun (it also has a red rooster propane system but he says it was out of gas). we did a rolling run from 50 to a hundred 2 times. the first time he was on my as$ so i stomped it and i heard his truck kick down and i slowly pulled on him. not much but slowley. the second time i waved him next to me, when his front bumper reached my rear he kicked down on it followed by me doing the same. i couldnt pull him. there i sit side by side with a f'n six leaker with a SIX GUN!!!! are you kidding me! this guy doesnt even have an intake just a six gun and stacks and i cant even pull him! he shouldnt of even been close!!! i also know that all he has is a six gun and propane because i put the banks on there for him. all i can hope is that he was spraying. sad day for race fans everywhere

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im going to order it now but its not the reason to get it. i should have beat him with the 210 with him spraying pane. its going to cost me more for the 275 than what he payed for his six gun. man am i pi$$ed off. 300 dollars to beat a 6leaker makes my blood boil!!

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive had the 250 loaded since the revisions came out. did it really learn enuff to lose that much power? its going to be a pain in the a** if everytime i want to run someone i have to reload the tunes. and im going to have the sam problem with the 275 when i get it.

·
543 Posts
I'm not a drag racer, but I do think I know what ungodly fast is.
I would love to take a shot at that truck with my 275 V2..
If you are running a V3, then that is where your problems start.
The V3 is super smooth and very very good, but it lacks that raw, ugly, nasty, crazy, silly, wild, ripping power of the V2.
I think I would be confident to throw down a *****load of cash on that run with the V2.

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all i have currently is the 250 and i have both versions of it. i cant run v2 right now since its colder than hell. is the 275 that much faster than the 250? just seems WAY overpriced.

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the call has been made. if matt doesnt get in touch with me i have spoke with elite and the'll sell me the same file. i still should have handed him his as$ with the 250.

·
192 Posts
There isnt a 1500lb difference. My truck weighs 300 lbs less than my buddies 08 and they are configured the exact same way. If he was spraying then yes it could and should have been close. Banks 6-Gun :bang:

·
192 Posts
I read somewhere where the weight of the truck increased across the board 350-400 lbs from 07 to 08. My Crewcab shortbed 06 weighed 8050 lbs with me in it and his identical 08 truck weighed 8400 with him in it.

·
192 Posts
My buddies crewcab shortbox 08 250 on 40's with an airlift weighed in at 9100lbs

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
depends on a couple more things.

what gears do you both have?

what cab/box configuration?

2 or 4wd?

lifted?

tire size?

Garrett

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
both 4wd both 3.73 he's a crewcab and im extended. no lift on either truck. he has 305/65/18 tires and i currently have 275/70/18 tires. he has a 6-gun with turboback exhaust to 4in mitre stacks. i have spartan 250 newest version with afe intake and stock exhaust with delete from sean.

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that or his stock intake and stock filter. you have no idea how irritated i am. id of rather lost to a dodge than tie a 6leaker with a 6-gun

·
543 Posts
I got to tell you guys, I have played around with both the V2 and the V3 the last couple of weeks.
As much as I hate the V2 shifts, the roll on power from 50 MPH is a night and day difference between the two. Fuel mileage is worth 2 MPG also.
The V2 is just raw powerage that the V3 can not touch.....:mafia1:
I could be wrong, but I don't think so. The V2 is way stronger.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts