The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I surfed the pages of this forum. I have come to the Conclusion that PPE is the most recommended programmer for my 07 LBZ.

My intent:
I intend on making a programmer the first of my upgrades. The reason I am going for the upgrades are to make it a little faster on the strip. I am not looking to be towing, and this IS my daily driver so I cannot get too carried away. Not only that, I am in the Army so I am broke.

What I am looking at:
PPE Xcellerator---
Additional 225HP max at the flywheel.
4 Power level tunes
Tire size speedometer corrections from Tire Sizes 25.00" to 44.75"
Speed Limiter Adjustable from 40 to 200MPH in 1 MPH increments.
Gear Ratio Adjustable from 2.73 to 5.13
Simple download into the OBD II port under the dash. 1-year warranty
(Yes that was a copy and paste from PPE's website)

My Questions:
I know people have talked about the Hot+2, but not this particular programmer. Have anyone used just the Xcellerator?
What else should I get to go along with this? ie Any guages, or monitors?

Any Recommendations that you may have will be greatly appreciated, and very helpful as well. Also, if you can think of anything I missed please fill me in. I am new into the Diesel scene, and loving it.

Thanks

·
3,939 Posts
Since PPE rates their HP at the crank, take 25% off their numbers when figuring rwhp..

Simply put, don't go above +100rwhp on the stock trans. Look into buying a converter and Transgo Jr kit for the trans, then you'll be able to run more power.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Hey Tom do you know if quadzilla rates their numbers at the crank or wheel?

·
Registered
310 Posts
we ahve one on a lbz and it rocks the customer was happy but i told him with the stock tranny dont go above 90 hp . we had another lbz he tested it out and took the de fueling off and he said that it was a good drive but he could feel the tranny slipping but they are great programmers

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
HDbajakid said:
Ok. So I surfed the pages of this forum. I have come to the Conclusion that PPE is the most recommended programmer for my 07 LBZ.

My intent:
I intend on making a programmer the first of my upgrades. The reason I am going for the upgrades are to make it a little faster on the strip. I am not looking to be towing, and this IS my daily driver so I cannot get too carried away. Not only that, I am in the Army so I am broke.

What I am looking at:
PPE Xcellerator---
Additional 225HP max at the flywheel.
4 Power level tunes
Tire size speedometer corrections from Tire Sizes 25.00" to 44.75"
Speed Limiter Adjustable from 40 to 200MPH in 1 MPH increments.
Gear Ratio Adjustable from 2.73 to 5.13
Simple download into the OBD II port under the dash. 1-year warranty
(Yes that was a copy and paste from PPE's website)

My Questions:
I know people have talked about the Hot+2, but not this particular programmer. Have anyone used just the Xcellerator?
What else should I get to go along with this? ie Any guages, or monitors?

Any Recommendations that you may have will be greatly appreciated, and very helpful as well. Also, if you can think of anything I missed please fill me in. I am new into the Diesel scene, and loving it.

Thanks
IMHO, anyone with a diesel should have EGT and boost gauges at the very minimum, and its absolutely necessary if you plan on modifying anything. A bigger exhaust would help out with a tune, and other than that you dont really need much.

·
773 Posts
You should think about getting an exhaust system and gauges before the tuner, that way you will know when to back off and could save yourself money in the long run.

ReneG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.