The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know I am not in SD county, though I want to post this on the fact that maybe you guys down there could get something going in North County area. Would be a heck of a lot closer than where I currently have to go to get to a meet (hour+ in traffic on a Friday night) in north OC. the 5 southbound from me to o-side, Carlsbad, etc. is a lot quicker than 5 northbound to where the truck night meets are at, on a Friday in rush hour.

Perhaps we could get something like this going, and do this meet, and then maybe even drive to the same cruise spot that the guys from the current club go to, and it would be about the same drive, minus the rush hour commute you guys have to make to get to north OC ~7pm on a Friday.

Just a thought right now, but it would be something a little more fitting to me, and I seem to be right in the middle of the SD county diesel group spot/area and the OC/current truck club meeting spot. Seems southbound 5 is usually less congested outta here on a Fri. afternoon than the northbound 5 is.

Either way, perhaps you SD county guys could get something setup down there. Perhaps even on the off Fri's of the club up here's nights. Who knows, just trying to throw out ideas, and get some more club/group type activity stirred up down yonder/in the area in general!

-Jeremy

·
286 Posts
Im in and im sure Ron would be down too. Where in San Diego were you thinking

·
1,423 Posts
That sounds good to me too we have a lot of people that don't post because they don't want to get jumped for being a newbie ,we have a lot of good spots to drive to and off road or do the Race legal Friday night so no one gets in trouble

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tattoo, I am thinking somewhere in north county, though I am very open to what you guys have to say, as it is yall I have to work with here. I was thinking o-side or carlsbad or anywhere else in the north SD county area. Ron lives ~1 hour south of myself. I am trying to think of somewhere in the middle- If we could figure that one out, perhaps we could get things rolling for an actual meet-

My thoughts here are just a planning stage/ things to work with, so you guys may know better than I do on this. Throw up some ideas, thats what im saying- that is how we will get this ball rolling!

·
286 Posts
Theres an indoor shooting range in oside right off the 76, could be a cool place to meet ill have to check out parking tho. Just an idea.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im in

Sounds good to me i'll go and do that.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Theres an indoor shooting range in oside right off the 76, could be a cool place to meet ill have to check out parking tho. Just an idea.
pretty sure I know right where that is (maybe 1.5 mi east of the 5 yeah?), and if im not mistaken, theres a street that goes from there almost straight to the hooters off 78 :D :happymugs

I mean man... HAHAHA
:haha :haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
that sounds great! we could meet out in north county! that would be an easier drive for all of us down south. Thanks man! When are we going to meet and where? We could all meet at the shop in El Cajon. Unless we know some place better.

·
286 Posts
Ya its real close to Hooters. When should we shoot for doing the first meet?

·
1,423 Posts
I say we do the every other weekend from the north country meet so it makes more friends and the broken harts have somewhere to go and do some thing at night other then ride the key boards and thumb the grissle :haha Nuk that is your Q to chime in !:fart

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well maybe anyone who can make time, theres going to be me, as well as a big white chevy down at ron's shop pretty soon here (maybe early next week). perhaps somone else will ride along (a certain ford with a stack). we shall see.

i need to get my cards in order with my truck, though i dont want to keep that from you guys starting up the idea ive brought to the table-

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Well maybe anyone who can make time, theres going to be me, as well as a big white chevy down at ron's shop pretty soon here (maybe early next week). perhaps somone else will ride along (a certain ford with a stack). we shall see.

i need to get my cards in order with my truck, though i dont want to keep that from you guys starting up the idea ive brought to the table-
my ford will not be riding along. though i should be.

Garrett

·
286 Posts

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my ford will not be riding along. though i should be.

Garrett
thats what i was thinking G. depending on when we do this (take my truck down), if its the weekend we got somone whos wanting to help out with things to come from a very far away place, i wish i was better at planning things/getting everyone on the same page... :bang:

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
thats what i was thinking G. depending on when we do this (take my truck down), if its the weekend we got somone whos wanting to help out with things to come from a very far away place, i wish i was better at planning things/getting everyone on the same page... :bang:
you talking about eric?

Garrett

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
i wouldnt say arizona is a very far away place. But im down for this saturday night. Game is over round 4. Don't know if ill be able to make the chevy meet, we're leaving around 5am. Keep me informed. The new truck gets better mileage than a prius for gods sake. :thumbsup

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you talking about eric?

Garrett
no, i was speaking of Matt (GNbeast from DP, guy with that 06 lbz cc sb lifted 12" that came to the dyno we were at) from santa barbara.

He is wanting to help however he can, me and him have become pretty good friends online. and he wants to come down and see/hang with whomever, when he finally has time-

1 - 20 of 46 Posts