The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have an 01 dodge 4x4 extended bed, and obviously its not the best vehicle to be treading down the beach with but every once in a while Ill end up down there and was looking for some pointers. Pointers like maybe tire psi, tires, and other little things like 4 hi or low. I was looking into getting some BFG mud terrains but am still debating.

Any comments a appreciated.

·
1,052 Posts
Ok so I have an 01 dodge 4x4 extended bed, and obviously its not the best vehicle to be treading down the beach with but every once in a while Ill end up down there and was looking for some pointers. Pointers like maybe tire psi, tires, and other little things like 4 hi or low. I was looking into getting some BFG mud terrains but am still debating.

Any comments a appreciated.
I have never did the sand thing but I would say lower psi and the tires you noted might work.
Bill

·
236 Posts
slick street tires are better than mud tires in the sand. lower air pressure to get more tire on the ground. smooth on the throttle. spinning the tires is your enemy. Takes some old rugs and a shovel with you to get out when you get stuck.

Reactions: Carbur8tr

·
211 Posts
I would highly recommend that you take the brakes apart and clean them out when you are done playing in the sand. Also change out the diff fluid, transfer case fluid, tranny fluid, and engine oil.

Woody

1 - 4 of 4 Posts