The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday my truck is going to the stealers to have all eight injectors replaced at my expense.I was quoted a price of $2900.00 to do it.So please say a little prayer for me.I will keep you posted as to how close they are to the quote:eek:wned

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
what year is it? sorry to hear bud :bang:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like you need some double time overtime pay. Time to knock down some hours. Good luck with it all.

·
1,709 Posts
Sorry to hear the news. Good luck!

·
KEE KEE WHOO!
1,453 Posts
with that money you could by better ones than stock..

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Talked to the stealer late today and the said it was almost finished.They were going to test it in the morning and also address the p0234 code(overboost) which he said there was a service bulletin on it and reflash the computor. Heres hoping:rock

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got my truck back from stealer and it was $77.00 more than quoted I'm quite impressed.Now it will take some time to see if there is a big differance on fuel mileage and power.I will keep you updated:happymugs

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got about half a week with my new injectors and all is when,but when they flashed my ecm it seems to lack the power it had before.Seems that with the programmer (superchips) it is not as agressive,Any thoughts on that?:goodvsevil

·
236 Posts
Thats common with new injectors,, sometimes it's more noticable then others. Give it a bit and the injectors will "open up" a bit. I've heard that comment on all makes and models of diesel engines I've put injectors in all the way to 16L Cats. Seen it on the dyno as well. Not much,, just noticable sometimes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts