The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello and ask a quick question. The front end of my truck is totally new (and tight) including a dds. I still feel a small "clunck" under my left foot and in the wheel going over bumps at times. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

02 3500 4X6 auto 180kms
dtt noise filter, afe stage II, Smarty, Edge Attiude (tapped), boost, pyro, trans @ A pillar, 4" MBRP duals, tonneau cover, fass 150, dss, track bar conversion and ats v/b, t/c lock up switch​
don't worry about the mule.....load the wagon

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Welcome to the TDG.com and the Dodge Family! :Thumbup:

As for the clunk you feel... The best thing I can suggest is to jack up the front axle and put it on a jack stands. Then start checking all the front axle components... You going to have to push and pull and everything. Check wheel bearings, upper and lower balls joints, tierod end, shocks, and most important the tracbar...

Tracbar is the most common piece to fail and cause the death wobble... But it doesn't mean that is your case either...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
done all that.....entire steering is new including box....shocks....wheel bearing, ball Joints, track bar iss an adjustable dds unit and tight....gone over ever bolt and re tightened......

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
Have you checked your control arms? Maybe a bushing is loose in there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CumminsTorq said:
Have you checked your control arms? Maybe a bushing is loose in there.

Lowers are new adjustable dds units and uppers are new oem......

·
A Slave To The Trade
650 Posts
is there any play at all in your steering? if its a small clunk it might even be the shocks are loose on the mounts or the rubber bushings that sit with them are lose or just old and that making the clunk when yougo ovoer bumps because it would make the shock hit the metal bracket that holds it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shocks are new and they are tight....it really has me baffled

·
Registered
86 Posts
check your sway bar or pitman arm honestly again i had the same problem, and if the sway bar is loose you will get a transfer clunk, and the pitman arm with go up and down

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will double check the pitman tomorrow........I have pulled and tugged on the sway bar and see nor feel any loose.....but it is the only thing that is not new......I am wondering if it could be a cab mount or something in the steering shaft to the box. It is not a big clunck....but there is definitely something there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts