The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received a shipment which contained one SCT 9415 SF flash tuner.

I set my truck to stock and flashed the supplied street tune. I was not impressed. To me, it felt more like a towing tune than anything.

I proceeded to flash the supplied performance tune. Quite a bit of difference in the butt o meter but very little smoke. Low end power seemed a bit low but once I reached 2500+ we had pretty good power.

Now both of these tunes were flashed with increased line pressure for the tranny, firmer shifts and Tow/Haul lock in 1, 2 and 3 which I never tried out.

Out of curiosity, I stacked an edge/attitude on 5/5 along with the performance tune.

The result was a LOT more bottom end power, a LOT more smoke and a shower bath in coolant.LOL

Top end of this combo yielded little to no performance increase.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Guy, you have a lot more testicular fortitude than I.:bow:

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
I'm not surprised. My Edge used to make my truck run like a mother. Bu you know what ended up happening.....maybe it just makes too much CP?

RL

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Sounds like your getting fuel...:poke: ....
j.schall

·
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ralphinnj said:
I'm not surprised. My Edge used to make my truck run like a mother. Bu you know what ended up happening.....maybe it just makes too much CP?

RL
That's my guess. I was disapointed with the low end power the 9415 produced. A tranny tune alone and the edge would make a great combination for anyone with a earlier version.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts