The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my first long trip and used cruise control for some of it. When bumping out of cruise, the event seemed harsh when the cruise was disengaged. Thought I had read somewhere others had experienced this and it was just the way the extreme street acted. Any other users have this experience?

Got 19.5 mpg on the 650 mile round trip - 65 most of the way as it was not interstate roads.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I seen the same results on my street file (Harsh disengage) but my mileage was no way near that, lol. I am sure it all has to do with lift and tires. I just got a new file, somtime this weekend I will try it out.

Russ

·
128 Posts
When I run the Race or Street from ID, on long trips with the cruise I can get up to 21 MPG, but in town it is like 9.1, somehow I always end up racing or something, maybe that is why my truck is always in the shop.
But the cruise thing is normal on High HP tunes unless you hit the cancel button while it is just coasting.

Jason

·
Registered
328 Posts
I usually roll on the throttle before hitting cancel if I can.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info

Thanks all. I'll try the cancel/ throttle technique. It rained on the trip coming back so it was hard to kill any rice burners and I suppose that is why the milage was what it was.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cancel button? or off?

Russ

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
Dang !!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't remember posting this thread......

then I saw "John Boy" as the user :) :) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts