The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have had the 35's on my truck for a few weeeks now, and finally got around today to pulling my XCal2 out, and changing the Tire Revs/Mile to make my speedometer accurate.

I tried 575, which is the number I calculated...no chage to my speedometer(I am using my GPS to find my true speed). I tried Rev/Mile numbers from 545 to 580, with no change.

Anybody know what's up? I thought that setting affected the speedometer.

·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So my next question is, how do I adjust the Speedo?

·
50 Posts
Superlift Tru-Speed or there is a guy on Ford Truck World that is going to release an item in the next month or so that will fix it.

Scott

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
you can go to the dealer and get them to change it for anything up to 35s. It would be a lot cheaper than paying the 250 or so for the tru speed

·
Registered
598 Posts
Not trying to hijack this thread but do you adjust the tire size in the software? Or do you adjust it on the actual Xcal 2 unit it self?..When I load my Xcal 2 it asks if I want to change the param and I always choose no...Is this were and how it is done??

·
2,691 Posts
bagstroke said:
Not trying to hijack this thread but do you adjust the tire size in the software? Or do you adjust it on the actual Xcal 2 unit it self?..When I load my Xcal 2 it asks if I want to change the param and I always choose no...Is this were and how it is done??

Yes, you need to enter the tire revolutions per mile to correct the tranny shifting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts