The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering....tuner or customer responses are welcome. when the sct, is the power much more than stock from 0 to 1/2 throttle..most of the power gain from the rocket surge at 1/2 throttle and beyond. cuz i have noticed, it does feel a little more than stock, then after the surge it sets your head back and seems that 1/2 throttle achieves as much acceleration as full throttle.
Also, is it good or not good that a SS trailblazer was trying to mess with me in town a few ago, he stomped it first, tried to wave at me like "see ya later" and then i got in it (figure in a lot of lag for the turbo to catch up from no pedal to stomping it) and stayed right beside him till around 70...35 mph speed zone and cars in front of us. he was looking over at me like, oh ****, hes still right beside me. haha. and this was on ID street file.

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
Depends on the tune...
that's why they call it custom programming...
you can add more bottom end, more top end, or anything in between :)
but in MOST tunes I have noticed "quicker" response to my "acksellarator" inputs...

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, ya true on the acksellarator" input but that is kinda what i was wondering, i know that over 1/2 is head in seat, but before that, mine doesnt feel like much...i didnt know you could make the bottom end that much more without the extra throttle...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
We usually try to make the power very linear across the full pedal. However, we do ramp the fuel pretty heavy after about 1/2 throttle on our race programs.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, that ramp is what breaks the tires loose at around 15-20 mph! haha. love it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts