The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first 6.0 litre and was wondering if this is really the best way to go? will i get a lot of smoke? and how fast will it be?

·
1911 single stack
215 Posts
The SCT is a tuner...a handheld programer that will plug into the port and program the vehicle and then be removed. An SCT with custom tunes is hands down the way to go...depending on the truck specs depends how fast it will be...a race tune in an auto 4wd CC SB you will be breaking into the high 13s with just a tune and an exhaust depending on the elevation.

Jake

·
2,106 Posts
more realistically speaking... Low 14's

·
330 Posts
Yeah, Thats my next mod hopefully this summer . WHich vendor is the best for tunes?:thumbsup

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
I just bought my first 6.0 litre and was wondering if this is really the best way to go?
Yes, it is the best way to go.

will i get a lot of smoke?
Based on your other question, it appears you have some sort of mistaken idea that black smoke either equals power or is cool..... Neither presumption is correct. All black smoke really means is you are wasting fuel by putting in more than the engine can use/burn. So if your tuner tunes it right it should not have excessive amounts of smoke.

and how fast will it be?
That depends on your other mods. If the truck is basically stock, then the times posted above will be about it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts