The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to send a programmer back to SCT for service/repair? I sent mine back a while ago and still haven't seen it. Its been a while. ID has been great, they have good customer service but SCT is lacking.

I had to send it back because it had a cord problem.

Has anyone else had to have thier programmer repaired? How long did it take?

Thanks,
dan

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
I sent mine back once because I goofed up and used up all the unlocks. Never did get it back. Innovative the good guys they are replaced it for me.

·
963 Posts
What Wasted said...I had issues with mine not wanted to act right...had to unlock it to get it to accept new tunes. The dealer I got it from(Local Mustang Shop) replaced it themselves, because they said the process of sending it back to SCT takes forever, and they didn't want me to be without it.

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
The ORIGINAL "brains" behind SCT has LEFT the company over issues like this and worse.

The current folks in "control" of day-to-day operations want everything to be very secret. It takes a lot of time to deconstruct a customer's unit to make sure no one is reverse engineering things, so delays in RGs are common.

I'm not sure how long SCT will be able to maintain their dominance in Ford tuning (Gas and/or Diesel) with the "brains" gone. There is only ONE person world-wide who Ford trusts to make max durable power AND meet strict emissions, and they no longer work for SCT.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
dang, i didnt know ford trusted ANY body like that....so if you somethin went wrong and you went to ford and they said screw you cuz you have a tuner, and you say, but wait ******** tuned it, they would say, oh, well why didnt you say so? haha. that'd be pretty cool. guess info like that is kept pretty secret too, huh?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
DEERSNIPER said:
Has anyone had to send a programmer back to SCT for service/repair? I sent mine back a while ago and still haven't seen it. Its been a while. ID has been great, they have good customer service but SCT is lacking.

I had to send it back because it had a cord problem.

Has anyone else had to have thier programmer repaired? How long did it take?

Thanks,
dan
Just received your Xcal2 back today. You'll get a tracking over the weekend.

Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts