The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get this message when uploading new file. This is the first time uploading so please be gentle ..lol.

ERROR: File Serial Number is not correct, aborting.

I am confused here....help.

Russ

·
206 Posts
I think that means that the engine in your truck is no good.

Just kidding LOL , probably just the wrong strategy. Did you email the strategy to your tuner?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, actually this error is when trying to load the file to the tuner.
I can see what files I already have on the tuner so I know I can see it and seems to be all correct, I wonder if my serial number is not correct with the file? Like I said before this is my first time...

Russ

·
185 Posts
Russ7R said:
I get this message when uploading new file. This is the first time uploading so please be gentle ..lol.

ERROR: File Serial Number is not correct, aborting.

I am confused here....help.

Russ

The newer .ll3 files are serial # coded to your Xcal2. To load them into your Xcal2 you need to enter it's serial # into the live load where it asks for it. I think the Xcal2 displays the serial # where it lists the firmware version, can't remember which menu it is under.

·
963 Posts
Shadow, Ya beat me to it...Dead on right...I had the same problem a couple months ago.

Loki

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That seems to be my problem, the wrong serial number loaded to the tune. It is not adjustable for the end user, it is loaded with the program (tune) from the dealer, they just had the wrong serial number in the tune.

Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts