The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would and or is there likely to be a problem using a SCT Flashpaq that was use on a 04 ,on a 05.The programmer clearly says on the side of it year models 03-06.As long as it is not vin lock and properly done there shouldnt be a problem????
After seeing the poll that has been taken on modules and programmers I have talk a guy I work with into letting me try it for a trip home to see if i like it.That fact that i can recalibrate for tire size is worth it for me,not to mention being able to download custom tunes.Feedback Please negetive or positive.
Thanks Paul:usflag :shrug:

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
the flashpaq and SCT are WAAAY different, dont but the flashpaq! but an SCT that is custom tuned!

·
160 Posts
I don't think you'll have a problem as long as it is not vin locked. You'll know right away if you get an error on the flashpaq. Also, last I knew, the flashpaq comes with preset tunes and custom tunes are not available for it. The flashpaq, however, is updateable via the web and a usb hookup. Like the others have said, SCT is the one you can get custom tunes for.

·
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flashpaq

Hey thanks for staighting me out on the differinces between the two,but it is easy to see where the confusion can come into play.It is 1805 flashpaq,hopefully I go that wright:shrug: and will take it home with me to try on my 05.i am running the 1704 and really really like it havent had any problems with it or my truck on it.What does SCT stand for??
Thanks again guys for the input:Thumbup: paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts