The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home tonight me and my buddy raced. He has an 05 f-350 6.0 x-cab leveling kit and 35's with the edge and the little screen and flowmaster full exhaust I think is what it is. I have the truck in my sig. with dj's sct street tune and the intake and otherwise stock. Let's just say I smoked him. I'm a believer! :woot:

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
probably gave him DJs contact info LOL

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't like it, at first he had some home made stuff that was awesome, sounded let a jet. The n he bought banks which he sent back since you can't remove the cat, and now the flowmaster which I think sounds like a leaky pop bottle! I think I'm going 4 " mbrp or silverline turbo back ss single on mine. What do you think?

·
1,171 Posts
cmkworm said:
I don't like it, at first he had some home made stuff that was awesome, sounded let a jet. The n he bought banks which he sent back since you can't remove the cat, and now the flowmaster which I think sounds like a leaky pop bottle! I think I'm going 4 " mbrp or silverline turbo back ss single on mine. What do you think?
Talk to Mark Craig at here. http://www.dieselperformanceparts.com/ There are sound bites of the MBRP exhaust. I have the duals on my truck, and really like the sound. I have the older version which doesn't have the provision for the cat. Keith

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i thought that chambered mufflers werent the best(performance-wise) for turbocharged vehicles? im pretty sure i read that somewhere, but maybe that only applies to gas motors.

i had the 4" turbo back flowmaster exhaust on my truck. it came that way. but i took the cat, muffler, and tailpipe off. now it sounds just right.

Garrett

·
1,291 Posts
go MBRP skip the silverline we have nothign but problems with them. Give us a call if you have any question about the exhaust systems or need pricing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just put a 4" turbo back MBRP exhaust system on my '05 F-250 crew cab, and I gutted the cat. the only problems i had was the two piece down tube not lining up properly and or loosening up and making a god awefull fart sound everytime i hit a pot hole or bump in the road. other than that the system sounds great. I'm going to have the down tube welded sometime this week.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If he has 35's you should have smoked him. I noticed a huge difference in acceleration from stock to what I have on my truck now so it's really not a fair race. I agree that a good SCT tune will beat an Edge tuner but put him on stock tires and you on 35's and I'll say he'll beat you. With my Edge and 37" tires I did the 1/4 at 14.7 @ 96mph and this w/o an intake, with my cat and muffler on.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44
522 Posts
Phoneguy982 said:
If he has 35's you should have smoked him. I noticed a huge difference in acceleration from stock to what I have on my truck now so it's really not a fair race. I agree that a good SCT tune will beat an Edge tuner but put him on stock tires and you on 35's and I'll say he'll beat you. With my Edge and 37" tires I did the 1/4 at 14.7 @ 96mph and this w/o an intake, with my cat and muffler on.
:umno: I had a 04 6.0 before I got my 06 which had exhaust, airaid, sct running kermits gonzo tune. The truck also had 35X13.50's(84 Lbs Each straight from Procomps website) on 20X9's (38 Lbs Each) and 6 inches of lift. My buddy has a 03 6.0 with exhaust, airaid, and the edge with attitude. He has 305's on stock rims. We ran the trucks from a dig and a roll. From a dig we would stay together till around 35 mph but by 85 i would have 2-3 truck lengths on him. Going from a 50 mph roll was even worse as I would pull 3-4 by 85. You do the math but I'd considered the edge owned from this experience.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts