The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people have been waiting for tunes from their dealers. And some of you have gotten calibration updates lately and the trucks just haven't been the same. SCT has an 03,04,05, and an 06 truck that they are going back through the pcms from top to bottom to improve the software for us dealers. Each time they update my PCM database is updated I get to download 914 code updates. And my advantage software has changed from version 3.0 build 3560 to version 3.1 build 2 and then 3 and then 4 and then 5 and now 6. This has been over the past 4 days. So I've had 3 or 4 database updates and a whole bunch of tuning software changes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Doug please give me a call or PM at your convenience - i am ready to send you some cash. :thanks:

·
206 Posts
Was this a simple reflash ,or a complete redesign of the way the truck computer runs, and what sensors tell it how to operate, including the complete removal of some sensors? :poke: How is the egr and tranny doing with that strap on? :poke:

·
1,130 Posts
Working fine for me....

Haven't had to send the box back for one retune. :poke: Truck has been flashed and everything. Trans shifts fine and everything.... I'll be bringing it to the 6.0 Shootout in DFW too.... Might even drag the 5th wheel down there if Diesel ain't $5.00 a gallon. 3200 mile round trip = lots of diesel fuel when towing a barn. LOL

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44
522 Posts
They're especially working hard for us guys with job 2 06's!!!!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are making a few tweaks to get some extra power from the trucks. They weren't satisfied with just walking away from a module. They wanna run away and be back at the starting line before something that has a knob on it gets to the end of the track.

·
1,130 Posts
Doug,

Not all of us want to race at the track. It's fun to have some more power, but all of these flashes and retunes seem to be a lot of work to me.

My truck is fast enough for me, and it tows my 5th wheel great. That is all I ask of it.

I see and understand the market for th SCT. I can also see the SCT is great for controlling the transmission. I hear your tow tune is one of, if not the best thing out there. IF I were to ever consider an SCT, you would be the one that would hear from me because your tow tune is well thought of.

I was only poking fun at you because you told me in a different thread that Reflashes weren't a big deal. Don't take what I said personal in any way.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not taking it personal. I don't have a race truck but considering that the highest HP files have been yielding me the best MPG I continue to run that everyday. That is until I hook the 40ft gooseneck onto the truck. People like 6 speeds for the reason I like SCT. I control the transmission. I don't like EGR or the cooler. So I can disable them with no adverse effects. Once Lokiwolf gets his electric fan setup. I'll disable the factory fan and he won't get a check engine light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts