The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting in some new LL3 files and noticed in the options there are shift pressure percentages... anyone know if these are beneficial for adjusting harder shifts and what the best way to adjust them is? I mean, I think they were adjustable from 5 to 25 percent, should I start with the 5% and see how it works? Only problem is it takes a while to relearn everything so it'd take a week just to see one change from the next...

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
Go ahead and mess with it,not gonna hurt one thing.. I fine tuned mine also..

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the percentage number the amount in percent it reduces pressure or raises pressure or what?

S

·
0 Posts
sredish said:
I was putting in some new LL3 files and noticed in the options there are shift pressure percentages... anyone know if these are beneficial for adjusting harder shifts and what the best way to adjust them is? I mean, I think they were adjustable from 5 to 25 percent, should I start with the 5% and see how it works? Only problem is it takes a while to relearn everything so it'd take a week just to see one change from the next...

Not that it matters but whos files are you running????

·
963 Posts
You can go in both directions...

It does negative, and positive numbers. Negative decreases shift pressure, Positive increases. Be carefull on the positive side. That setting affects all shifts, both normal, and WOT. So if you push it up to much it could make the shifts REAL HARD.

I actually decreased mine by 5% for my vacation, since I was taking a long trip with the Family including my Wifes' Grandma, and I didn't want to give her wiplash when it shifted at WOT.

Later,
Loki

·
332 Posts
i adjusted mine up 10% 1-2 and 5% for 2-3 3-4 makes for a nice i know its not slipping feel.that was with the id ex,street.

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's with all tunes, and even stock. I have a new JW trans and haven't had a tune on it until today and it's been that way since I got it back. It works perfectly, only issue is this hard shift from 2 to 3. After talking with JW, it seems that it is most likely caused by improper break-in/relearn by the dealer when installed and it causes the computer to compensate by upping the pressure. There are a couple other possible causes, nothing major, but we can "tune" it out by dialing in the pressure through the SCT.

This is just the first time I've noticed having these options available and wasn't sure how well they worked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts