The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Nowhere Man
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I see a lot of posts here about extreme tunes on trucks with exhaust, injectors, turbos, and who knows what else.

While all of that is super-cool, I'd love to hear from people who have done performance or towing tunes on a bone-stock truck. What have your experiences been?

What about taking it one step up with just a nice (street) exhaust and an SCT tune? Any feedback there on performance/tow tunes?

I would love to go in whole-hog, but at this point I just want to see what I can get out of the truck without messing with it too much.

Thanks all,

·
Registered
140 Posts
The only thing I have installed is the Banks 4 in exhaust. I since have also purchased an SCT from Biava Performance and use the Street Tune most times. I have seen a 1 to 2 MPG increase........AS LONG AS I KEEP MY FOOT OUT OF IT!!
Now with the Tow Tune I got a 1/2 MPG increase. The truck seems to shift better and just sounds better as well. Hope this helps with what your asking

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
really all i would recommend is an exhaust(i have an sct right now and thats all i have) exhaust is needed to bring down your egt's...other than that the sct is great on trucks that are "stock"

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
the only thing you'll definately need is exhaust and gauges,...

the rest (injectors,turbo,etc,..) ... just makes it.." MORE " fun

·
963 Posts
I was running stock with the SCT, now I have an intake. I am having a hard time replacing the Stock perfectly good stainless exhaust, with after market. I'll know I'll do it sometime this summer...its just a matter of time.

Ray

·
Registered
634 Posts
I ran almost 15k miles using tow and street tunes with absolutely no mods except gages and no problems.

I would not run without gages though. Once you see how fast the egts shoot up with a hot file or slowly creep up while towing you will understand.

I now have the stuff listed in my sig:Thumbup:

·
415 Posts
I went;
Lift and tires,
Pipe,
Gauges,
SCT

I can't comment on how the SCT works with a stock pipe, but it sure works well with a stock intake and better pipe.

·
206 Posts
I ran the sct for quite some time with stock everything. The tow files are great, but with the hotter files, the egt's will get up there pretty quick. I just put on mbrp turbo back, and that seems to have remedied the issue though. Sct will run fine completely stock. Kicked the crap out of the 1704 I had too.
Justin

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44
522 Posts
I know a guy that ran a hott sct tune on a stock 04 cc 4x4 and was going 8.70's in the 1/8th. YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT WITH A STICK!!!!

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
Even if you don't change the complete exhaust,
At least change your muffler out...
it's the biggest bottleneck in the exhaust flow...
just a good flow thru muffler can lower egt's about 100 to 200 degrees...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts