The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Smokin
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elite wants 480.00 and DJ wants 400.00 What is the Dif?

·
963 Posts
Ask them...

This should also be in the 6.0 Tuner Forum...

·
Registered
175 Posts
it also depends on how they order them from SCT - bulk or not and/or blank or preloaded with the software...and whether the tuner can be used on multiple trucks or is has to be locked to a specific truck....

·
1,252 Posts
We offer the SCT 9400 Xcal2 Custom Tuner with unlimited tuning.

SCT also sells the 9415 which is a flash device. It comes with pre-installed tunes that are not reprogramable, unless you erase all the tunes in the box and buy custom tunes from SCT tuners. We do not sell the 9415.

Both the 9400 and 9415 store and replace your stock computer with a computer file. As far as I know both are locked to a specific vehicle.

Thanks,
Vivian

·
417 Posts
Sometime back xtremediesel.com had it for sale for 365, not sure what it is now.

I really would like to know is if the SCT livewire has a price tag on it yet so that I can make a decision on what gauges to go with.

·
1,252 Posts
I believe MSRP will be at $679. We figure we'll be selling around $600.

I've posted this before but here are the specs.

Features for the Livewire:
Expanded Device memory
Supports More Applications
Larger Data Logging Capacity
Simple On-Screen Menus
Built-in Performance Calculator
Real-Time Instrumentation
2-Channel Analog Port (0-5volt)
USB Programmable
Built-in Shift & Warning Lights
Dash or Window Mounting

The display of the Livewire shows guages for Air/Fuel Ratio, Boost, RPM, Engine Timing, Last Est. HP and Last Est. TQ.

Last I heard - availability will be in 10 days to 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Vivian

·
1,870 Posts
I have not used any tunes from Elite so I can't comment, but I do have several from DJ and Vivian, and I can tell you they freakin rock. The service is hands down the best around. Matter of fact I have a new tune waiting for me at the house when I get home. Not sure how it can be any better than what I have, but it is supposed to put a bigger smile on my face. I like the sound of that. Also I ordered DJ's fuel system this week with the braided stainless lines. I'll be putting that on soon and will post some pics and opinions on the install and performance. I have no doubt it will be first rate. Just got a Turbo yesterday, (Thanks Unbroken) and sticks aren't far behind.

ANd the difference is also 80.00. LOL

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
So on the sct livewire its gonna be about 600 bucks and that is guages and the same features as the xcal2? or am i gonna have to buy both xcal 2 and livewire? Sorry vivian little dense here haha...thanks

·
1,252 Posts
It will accept custom tuning same as the Xcal2. My understanding is that if you already have files, you would be able to use the same files from the Xcal2 on the Livewire. It would basically replace your tuner and gauges.

Thanks,
Vivian

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
sweet that means xcal2's will be going up for sale on here haha...im a cheapy...but i do need to get the sct xcal2 to turn my egr off:( lol stupid edge won't do that

·
1,252 Posts
dalpilot said:
I have not used any tunes from Elite so I can't comment, but I do have several from DJ and Vivian, and I can tell you they freakin rock. The service is hands down the best around. Matter of fact I have a new tune waiting for me at the house when I get home. Not sure how it can be any better than what I have, but it is supposed to put a bigger smile on my face. I like the sound of that. Also I ordered DJ's fuel system this week with the braided stainless lines. I'll be putting that on soon and will post some pics and opinions on the install and performance. I have no doubt it will be first rate. Just got a Turbo yesterday, (Thanks Unbroken) and sticks aren't far behind.

ANd the difference is also 80.00. LOL
Oops Tim, I missed your post. :shrug:

Tim asked us for the fuel system with steel braided lines and we are happy to say that we now offer the system with your choice of lines.

Also, we do have a looney a bit wilder for the trucks with the 06E17 reflash. To our customers with this reflash, send us an email if you'd like to try it out.

Thanks,
Vivian

·
1,870 Posts
Just to show I'm not biased, I have tried many many many tunes from dang near everyone. They are all great, but I run what runs the strongest. Today thats DJ's tune, and it runs REAL strong. I am certainly not trying to take anything away from anyone else here. The service from DJ and viv has always been awesome, and I just wanted to throw in my feedback on the SCT tunes and the other products I have from DJ.

I always give feedback on anything I run, good or bad.

·
Registered
269 Posts
:stupid:

ive ran dj's looney tune for the last 4 weeks and the only complaint is that i am gonna have to buy new tires soon cause i leave so much rubber at the stop lights :93C_peelo :smoke

·
232 Posts
Vivian, I have an XCAL2 in my truck with innovatives tow tune, street tune and extreme street, how do I get a Looney tune from you guys on it?

·
jet ski racer
327 Posts
what are the dimentions of the Live wire?

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
yeah Viv and DJ are great! Their looney tune is a blast! I have raced a Caddilac from 0-90 and pulled him by a couple of lengths and it sure was fun!

·
Registered
175 Posts
hey cdooguy...I called SCT and had a guy on the phone measure it...comes out to be 6 3/4 x 3 3/4 x 1....
kinda of large IMO...I cut a piece of paper this size and sat in the truck with it trying to imagine where in the he!! I would put the liverwire...couldnt come up with a good location...this was the deciding factor to go with the Xcal2 and overhead gauges...

·
152 Posts
hey Vivian
I'm lookin to go looney, how can you set me up ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts