The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Smokin
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am going to buy an SCT. My question is once i get it and start wanting radical tunes and change options up like turning on the fan earlier will I have to pay for each tune that gets sent to me?

·
Registered
65 Posts
good question... I've also wondered this..... so, bump for ya.

·
Smokin
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well who should i get it from so i dont have to pay everytime

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
If your gonna change it drastically or your gonna want a differnt tune im sure ur gonna have to pay for it...why dont u call some of the vendors, aka doug, dj, or tadd and ask them..im sure ya'll can work something out...

·
Registered
131 Posts
i just bought a tuner and custom tunes from Eric at innovative diesel today. :evil: :evil: They seem to be great. A whole lot better than bully dog. :squish I got a real good deal from him.

·
571 Posts
I got mine from Innovative too. They were very easy to deal with. I can't speak from experiance, but I think if you are makin small changes, such as PI on or off or EGR etc. they will accomodate as long as it's not a daily occurance.
Most of the vendors seem to be very consumer friendly.
Good luck and enjoy the tire smokin fun!

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
fordfanatic69 said:
I think I am going to buy an SCT. My question is once i get it and start wanting radical tunes and change options up like turning on the fan earlier will I have to pay for each tune that gets sent to me?
Whatever it may cost, its got to be less than the bill the Predator will lead to!

Ralph

·
1,171 Posts
When I got my XCal2 from Eric at Innovative I had him make custom tunes from the start. EGR off, convertor lockup 3rd gear and up, exhaust brake on the tow tune. I screwed up and sent him the tuner after I "caught" the strategy. I thought that once the strategy was read by the programmer it kept the strategy. The unit was mailed back and forth like 3 times before I had the progarms. My fault. I asked Eric what the shipping was to send the unit back and forth several times. I owe him a few cold ones LOL :bow: for that. Keith

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It helps to know the changes you want up front, but we will tweak the programs as necessary to satisfy the end user. That's what custom tuning is all about. :Thumbup:

·
Smokin
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like know who is resonably priced on the SCT and will provide the service for the tunes that i am looking for with a little patience.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
InnovativeDiesel said:
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the SCT Supporting Dealers on this forum.
Couldnt agree more. I feel that this site has collectively the best group of SCT tuners anywhere on the net.

·
166 Posts
if you buy the xcal2 from one dealer can you purchace tunes from anybody?

can you keep them all on your pc and load them on the unit as needed?

·
1,171 Posts
I went with Eric because I heard lots of good things about him from several friends, on several sites, and he is relatively close, about 1.5 hours. Keith

1 - 17 of 17 Posts