The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took everyones advise in here and went with the SCT X2. I loaded the extreme street tune(From Innovative Diesel). It seems pretty great, shifts are nice and firm. That was my only complaint with my Diablo Pred. is that the 2-3 shift was very "lazy".

1.) I want to close the EGR valve all the time, how do you do this?
2.) I also want to lock my torque converter up, is this a good idea and how do I do this also?
3.) Lastly, what are the HP/torque ratings with the 3 tunes. I have an extreme street tune, street, and aggressive tow. I know my Diablo had a 45/60/100 HP tunes.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Eric's extreme tune usually has the egr closed and the tc locks at wot and the ratings I don't know cause the extreme was the only one I wanted on my truck...lol...and with exhaust and air intake you should at least be knocking on 400hp's door...hope that helps a little...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...but am I making less HP than my Diablo? My Diablo said 100HP mode, and a stock truck is 350HP??? or somewhere close. So his tune is only making 50-75HP?

I know the stock truck is not rated at the wheels, but Diablo claims there tuner is a 100HP additional at the rear wheels.

I just took my truck for a spin and I know that his tune is way stronger than the Pred. was.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Nope,
Diablo makes less and the 325 stock is at the fly wheel not the rear wheels ..take a look at the 6.0l shootout ...predator was not far behind the extreme tune as I recall but hands down the diablo is way ahead on cp's and blown head gaskets..lol...you were wise to change....
j.schall

1 - 4 of 4 Posts