The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one's a little weird but I know you guys can help.

I recently downloaded some new programs to my SCT. One for towing and one for everyday street use. While I was trying them back-to-back to see if I liked them (I did) I used the SCT menu to bump up shift pressures (1-2 & 2-3) a little to see what effect that would have. Since then, I can't get those two shifts back to normal and they're way too harsh, especially at light throttle. I've re-loaded programs both to the SCT and to the vehicle, no difference. I've loaded the stock program and it shifts fine, re-load one of the SCT tunes and the first two shifts are really firm again.

Any ideas from the SCT gurus? And, yes, I've e-mailed my dealer but have not received a response yet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

WS

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
If it is set right with the xcal and put on the truck with the right settings then I would disconect the battaries for 30min..(turn on head lights to pull out any residual) connect them back and then reload the tune....that will make the tranny forget what it has learned and revert back to programed parameters....my 2 cents...
j.schall

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not arguing, but if it's a memory issue, how does it shift fine with the stock program? I will try your suggestion, you never know with these newfangled computer things...........
Thanks,

WS

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
The shifting fine stock would make me think your settings are not saved correctly on the sct..but Im just joining the xcal2 club and know little about user control parameters for now...sorry...the battary disconect won't hurt anything...might help...
j.schall

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just tried the battery disconnect, didn't help. Re-loaded the street program and after 8-10 shifts, was back to being pretty harsh. Once again, it's a very sharp shift at low throttles setings. If you hammer it, it's a nice clean, crisp shift. At low speed, it feels like you're hurting something.

Any other ideas?

WS

·
963 Posts
I am assuming you are playing with an LL3 file based tune. If when you are uploading the tune, you selected optional parameters the first time, and upped the shift pressure, those setting are saved in the SCT as your default settings for that particular tune. You need to go back into the optional parameters, and set the shift pressure back to zero, then save and upload to the truck. The same thing happened to me when I decreased my pressures for vacation with the family.

Hope that helps.

Loki

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
wellstroked said:
Just tried the battery disconnect, didn't help. Re-loaded the street program and after 8-10 shifts, was back to being pretty harsh. Once again, it's a very sharp shift at low throttles setings. If you hammer it, it's a nice clean, crisp shift. At low speed, it feels like you're hurting something.

Any other ideas?

WS
Mine is doing damn near the same thing since I put in the new trans. I've tried about 4 tunes and only one gets somewhat better. I've tried backing off the pressure via the Xcal2 parameters and I don't really notice a difference. I've been told about 4 or 5 different things, the first that it could be a solenoid going out. Mine is pretty much the 2 to 3 shift. Stock, it shifts pretty good, put some power on it and BAM!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Loki,

Thanks but I've tried that too. I even DECREASED the value 5, 10, 15 percent with no effect. As to a solenoid, it shifts fine with the stock tune so I'm assuming no trans issues.

I'm stumped, maybe some of the delaers will chime in. Heck, maybe I'll even hear from my delaer............

WS

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
wellstroked,
what did you do for us ignorant floks trying to give you a hand....:shrug:
Hope she is all good...
j.schall

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All is good now, I was just a little frustrated by the lack of response from my dealer. I had to re-reload the tunes from the original e-mail, save them in a different place on my lasptop, then re-reload into the SCT. Voila! Shifting fixed.

I know he's got a very good rep here but this is the second time since my purchase that I feel he has left me hanging. The first time was taking a long time to send new tunes that were more like the ones I originally requested and he has never responded to this issue. Maybe it's me.....

Thanks to you guys for the suggestions.

WS

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
WS,
Im gladd to here she is well ...the good tuner's get real busy...no excuse just the way it is....You could try the SCT proracer package like maxxis mudder he just writes his own.....I would probably blow my truck up ...lol..

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44
522 Posts
Wellstroked, who's your tuner?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know, I may have wanted to make it public yesterday but I got a very apologetic e-mail from him that also includes some additional tunes. I'm always concerned about the "power" of the internet to do harm to someone's business so I am very cautious about stuff like this.

He seems to have a very good rep here so I think I'll drop it unless something comes up.

WS

BTW - The latest street tune is just what I'm looking for. Good power, low smoke, great shifting.

·
925 Posts
jschall said:
WS,
Im gladd to here she is well ...the good tuner's get real busy...no excuse just the way it is....You could try the SCT proracer package like maxxis mudder he just writes his own.....I would probably blow my truck up ...lol..
Only one way to find out.:HappyMugs :popcorn:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts