The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running Innovatives Extreme Street for a while now and have noticed if I get on it pretty hard the shifting from 2nd to 3rd really lags. Every other gear is fine. Should I up my shift pressures or contact Eric to see whats going on with the tune?

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
It might be the solenoid. Have you noticed a sloppy shift, like it goes into neutral for a second and then hits third. If so then I am guessing it's the solenoid.

·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats almost exactly what it does. But then it hits 3rd and takes off. Any idea what the part number to that solenoid is?

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
No I don't. I had mine replaced by Ford under warranty a few years ago. I am sure there are a few guys on here that can help you with that though.

·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still have my powertrain warranty. Is that what covered yours? Its an 05 with 32k miles on it. I hate dealerships though.

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Yes. I had it replaced under the 30k/3 year warranty. I know you hatred for dealers also, but it will be free so it's worth the trip. Just make sure you return the truck to stock and drive it for a few days. Dealers don't like the tuners and will blame it on the SCT.

·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that is going to be my problem. My truck is out of the 30k or 3 year warranty. All I have is the powertrain.

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
If you have a true power train warranty then it will be covered. The trans is part of the power train. But if you are talking about the engine warranty then it will not be covered.

·
Cloud Booster 500HP
268 Posts
If you have the latest x-street / race , Eric has the converter locking in at
2nd gear on . Thats what your feeling . :thumbsup

·
1,570 Posts
The 3-5 shift is the one that usually flares and is due to a solenoid, are you sure its the 2-3 shift you have trouble with? My 2-3 shift feels clunky sometimes, but the 3-5 is where the flare usually occurs.

·
261 Posts
I'm having similar problems with my 2-3 shift also. have you had problems with it shifting really hard?

·
1,570 Posts
Are you talking to me or the OP? Mine sometimes shifts hard with a tune and it accentuates the poor 2-3 shift. Stock I don't notice it much because the shift is softer, but 2-3 is definitely my worst shift, its like the timing is off even stock.

·
2,106 Posts
to the OP, I think what you are noticeing has to do with the locking of the T.C.

·
3,306 Posts
Yes. I had it replaced under the 30k/3 year warranty. I know you hatred for dealers also, but it will be free so it's worth the trip. Just make sure you return the truck to stock and drive it for a few days. Dealers don't like the tuners and will blame it on the SCT.
warranty is 3yr/36K miles. never heard of a 3yr/30K mile warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts