The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone with the street tune from Innovative or any other 400rwhp tunes are running your tranny shift percents. I have all of mine at 10% and it seems okay but just curious what the norm is. Also I seem to get more tranny shift or either converter unlock not sure which yet but it's around 35-40 mph like cruising through town it's back and forth more than stock, is this normal? Thanks in advance

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
I have mine @ +5% and about to go back to +0%...
with the cold weather and the tc lock in 2nd gear it tends to grab a bit too hard at light throttle...

·
Registered
269 Posts
what percentage do i run to get the tranny to shift sooner when i hit the gas. if i hit the gas half way to pass the tranny wont shift. i have to full throttle it then it just gets crazy. i just want the tranny to shift to 3rd at half throttle so i can pass slow moving cars. this is on djs econ tune...

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
no matter what I've asked for - no one says they can make it shift "sooner" --- I got a 30 mph 5 mile drive that I hate running along in 2nd or 3rd gear :(
then if I bump it up to 40 or 45 it upshifts and is half as noisy....
(just might get ANOTHER $191 ticket for that lil bit !)

one thing that helped is the locked up torque converter in 2nd thru 5th !!!

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm going to drop mine back to 5% from second to third, it shifts pretty hard between those two gears, the other seem okay at 10%, I'm still curious about why it's up and down between either gears or converter lock up at 35-45mph maybe one of the Innovative guys will chime in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts