The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With an SCT, are the shift points and pressures the same in Low range as they are in High range??...I know that tow/haul doesnt work in low range. (At least in my truck it doesnt) Just wondering, cause I'm going to a pull this Sat. and my hot file has t/c lock in 2nd gear...Just wanting to make sure it still locks in 2nd in low range.....

·
Registered
461 Posts
If you put the truck in drive and just let it do its thing you will not get lockup in 2nd, that's because the trans does a 1-3 shift in 4x4 low. You should get lockup in 3rd. If you manually shift it, then you'll hit 2nd but lockup will really depend on where the tuner has it set, more than likely you'll get lu in 2nd. With a stock turbo I have seen the best sled pulling by just starting in drive. With a big turbo the 1-3 shift is too much rpm drop and kills my bigger turbo.

Tadd

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...its gonna be my first time with this truck, (and a 6.0) and I just want to do halfway decent....Im gonna be 80 miles from home though so I'm gonna take it a little easy anyway.....:deal:

·
Registered
81 Posts
if you put your truck in nutral while in 4-low shut the truck off,turn the key on do not start the truck with key on hit tow haul button on,then start the truck you will then have tow/haul in 4-low.

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well....I pulled today...not the best pull in the world but okay...I think I'll take off in 2nd then hit 3rd and leave it next time. I put it in drive and nailed it and when it went from 1st to 3rd and locked the converter it was a little too much. I'll post the vid tommorow.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts