The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the sct to stack with my banks for the trans shifting only and the shifts still arent very great. doesnt seem to "slam" you into the next gear like i would think, seems to almost just fall into gear sometimes. this about how its supposed to be or do i need to try out a file by itself and see if thats better? im waiting for tadd to either tweak the stack file or send me a street file to be sure exactly how its Supposed to shift. just wanting some outside input! Thanks!

·
185 Posts
Have you tried firming up the shifts with the user adjustable options on the Xcal2? When working correctly the shifts should be firm and crisp, without a long delay between gears.

If you try a street file you might never go back to the Banks System. I did the same thing with a Quad 160 box in my 03 and liked ID's Xtreme tune so much I never used the Quad again... Except for towing...

·
Registered
81 Posts
6L strokin said:
i got the sct to stack with my banks for the trans shifting only and the shifts still arent very great. doesnt seem to "slam" you into the next gear like i would think, seems to almost just fall into gear sometimes. this about how its supposed to be or do i need to try out a file by itself and see if thats better? im waiting for tadd to either tweak the stack file or send me a street file to be sure exactly how its Supposed to shift. just wanting some outside input! Thanks!

Ditch the banks and just run the sct,Tadd can get it right trust me no banks sct all the way.:woot:

·
6,337 Posts
Yup, dump the banks and have Tadd send you the insanity file...

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the insanity file already, one just insanity, and the other is instanity with timing for using propane...but i thought this file was just for use on the strip...? thats why i havent ran it yet. i want to though! also it has been raining a lot here and havent got a good chance to do much WOT, however, i did yet to a little last night and it did seem to shift pretty good with the pedal all the way down, just the normal driving isnt As great. first time i got in it i was kinda scared though cuz it stayed in gear soo long, but i talked to robert and he said it was set to shift at 4000 or 3800 so i guess its right!

btw, i am playing around with the idea of taking out the banks, but then i gotta mess with the hastle or trying to sell it and installing some new gauges, plus the pda has all kinds of gauge options. but if all im using it for is gauges, its an expensive *** gauge so...?

ALSO, i have been wondering, is "can you keep up" part of TDG mafia??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts