The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member #56
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a SCT Tuner but I have a question hopefully you guys can help me with. Can you read and delete codes like I can with my Superchips? I want to sell my superchip tuner to help generate some money, but I won't if the SCT won't read codes. I would also like to hear some of your guys experiences with these tuners. Or what tuner is the best to buy? It seems a lot of people really like the SCT. Thanks any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
SCT IS the way to go, it will read codes like your superchip, when i first got my 6.0 i had a superchip and when i went to the SCT for the first time all i could say was INSANE lol, the power is great, and we can tune it anyway you want.
pm me with any ?'s or if you want price
robert

·
TDG Mafia Member #56
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to add this, but what does it do for transmission performance? And how do the transmissions shift with these programmers on a performance tune? Thanks guys.

·
6,337 Posts
That is the best thing about the SCT is the tranny controls, No one else has anything like it. Its the only one that can really do it!

·
571 Posts
You can have the trans programed to shift as hard or soft as you want. The SCT is awesome. You can run errands all day and it drives smooth and nice, then spank a ricer on the way home while grabbing 2nd gear scratch with an auto.
If you wait a little longer SCT is coming out with their "Livewire". It has built in guages like an Attitude, but the performance of the SCT.

·
Registered
8 Posts
would the sct work w/ a 6spd trans or do you need an auto to install it?

how does it turn off the egr, and is there anything else that needs to be done when turning off the egr, like removeng it or blocking it off?

·
TDG Mafia Member #56
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll think I'll wait for the livewire version then. Have any idea how much it will cost? Again thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
The SCT works for the manual transmission trucks as well. The SCT tuning tells the ECM to disengage the EGR.

Dom

·
571 Posts

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
SCT is saying first quarter 07 and bout $679

LargeCar:usflag :mafia :usflag

·
TDG Mafia Member #56
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whoa, I think I can live without the digital animation. LOL I have also heard from a few other guys that the livewire version won't be as good as the xcal2. Is that true? I guess it won't matter because it won't be around for a little while. Do you guys have a go to place for the best price? Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'd say definitely for tuning, but my SCT is a very poor code reader. I used to have a SC and it would pull P1000 and P0603's - the SCT doesn't pull anything. I can still find codes after I reset with my SCT. I use my Autoenginuity for codes - it gets them all!

Mark

·
Muffdvr
231 Posts
If i waited it out for the livewire would i still have to buy exhaust temp guages and such ???

·
571 Posts
No, the Livewire supposedly comes with low voltage inputs for signals from sending units such as the EGT guage. It sounds like it will be able to monitor all of the important perameters.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts