The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is interest, I will sticky this.

Here is a place for you to tell us about your SCT tune. Who its from, how you think it works, and whatever else.... Please keep in in this thread and not in the rest of the forum.

·
Rock Star
610 Posts
this is actually a great idea for the end user. customer feedback is usually one of the best way's to sell product. as long as it doesn't turn into a holy vendor praise thread and stay's on topic... i completely feel this thread should get a sticky...

now, i don't have anything to add to the thread, since i am still having strategy issues at the moment :( no one's tunes are woring right. but that is very soon to change!

·
3,630 Posts
I will have some Dyno sheets posted in this thread late this afternoon.
3 different vendors.
Watch for it around 7PM Central or so.

·
Registered
21 Posts
very interested. i hears chokes tunes are sweet!!!!!!!! :smoke:

·
Registered
756 Posts
i run Biavas tunes. awesome power and shifting. John Wood is a god. :bow:

·
1,155 Posts
time to see how accurate your SOTP dyno is rich! you know who my moneys on!

·
3,630 Posts
Here is what heppened with me, in my truck today.
Nothing scientific here...so if you disagree with anything posted...keep it to yourself...or PM me.
First off....everyone wants to know about drivability. I can tell you that I've had some seat time with all 3 files...some more than others...but all 3 are extremely well mannered on the street. That is IF you like the TC locked down low...which I do.
Puking....2 pulls on each file...not a single drop was lost....my coolant was'nt even bubbling in the reservoir.
Ok....here are the best of 2 pulls for each file...in the order they were done.
Plus the highest boost and EGT that I saw on my gauges.
1st Biava Performance:

Max EGT = 1300 @ 100mph
Max Boost = 27 PSI

2nd Innovative Diesel:

Max EGT = 1220 @ 100 mph
Max Boost = 27 PSI

3rd Pure Diesel Performance:

Max EGT = 1260 @ 100 mph
Max Boost 29 PSI

All these guys are really close and these are basic Race files...no tweaking on any of them.
One thing to note is where each run is started.
It got harder and harder to get the truck to pull in 5th without downshifting.
I did 6 pulls within an hour. I'm sure the tranny was getting hot...making it harder for it to stay locked up.
Note the rpm where the pulls start...you'll see how high it was by the last 2 pulls...in fact...that was THE last pull....with minimal cool down between pulls.
Also...I think any and all these files have over 430 hp in them. I was gonna put on my 16" wheels for this...but it's hot here today and I'm lazy...so I did this on my 22's.
If I had switched...I believe all 3 would have done somewhere over 430 hp and well over 750 tq....but thats just my opinion.

Just looked at Ralphinnj's shootout results. All 3 of these did better.
Looked at Slowford's dyno results....his hp was a bit higher....but tq was higher on all 3 of these.....

I have my own opinions on who's file would have outpulled the others IF all 3 had been started from the same rpm...but I'll keep that to myself.

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
Way to go UB !!!

You know how cool that is that you are making excuses for frikkin 420 HP pulls on an extremely hot day !!!!!!!!! ??? !!!!

Kudo's to all three teams !!!!

·
3,630 Posts
Not making excuses....LOL

But heat plays a major role in things like this. I was short on time and could not cool down as much as I'd have liked.
Ideally, I would have had a blower aimed at the tranny for about 30 minutes or so between files....but it did'nt happen that way...and it shows on the graphs.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thaose are some great number's.. I don't think I would even be close to that..

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like to thank everyone invovled, the vendors and unbroken... Unbroken was nice enough to pay the extra cash to do the many extra runs! THANKS!!!! He PMed me an said he had eris and PDP's tune... I PMed and Called Biava, and we hav anouther tune sent to Unbroken in 10 minutes... Thnks for going the extra mile Jason to get this done!

All tunes hit 400 HP at 3000 rpm... reguardless of heat... They are so close it is imposible to say who is better... That proves that the benifits of going with SCT.....

We are going to try to go for a more scientific test, with each vendor getting equal tine in "Custom Tuning" a truck soon. But these results put everything on the table...

Again, thanks to all involved!

Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
It looks like the same files.... HP and TQ are so close. Without locking the convertor for Dyno, having equal cooldown times, it isn't really a valid dyno test. I bet if you could look at all 3 files they would be surprising close. I have seen variations of 20-25 HP and 30-50 ft lbs TQ just in 20 - 30 mins cooldown differances with the exact same file. Looks like SCT is sharing files with all the Vendors now...LOL It is evident that SCT is the way to go if you want the most out of the truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh nice ! Well I should have not assumed and ask first. Sorry bout that. Have you ran any of the files at the track ? BTW good job on the Dyno. I bet the files feel very strong on the street !

·
3,630 Posts
Only Innovatives at the track.
Best 1/8th was 8.95 @ 78 mph on a 2.1 60'
Thats on 22" wheels and tires in my 2wd.
There is much more than that in it....evidenced by other peoples runs with the same file.
All 3 are extremely strong on the street.

Cooldown time was minimal between runs...but sometimes you do what you gotta do with the time you have..........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow that is awesome with 22" wheels. I understand the cool downs times and dynos.... Sometimes there just isn't much time to work with !

With the 2WD to get sub 2.00 60's it is almost impossible unless a very sticky tire or slick is used.. There is so much TQ !

UNBROKEN said:
Only Innovatives at the track.
Best 1/8th was 8.95 @ 78 mph on a 2.1 60'
Thats on 22" wheels and tires in my 2wd.
There is much more than that in it....evidenced by other peoples runs with the same file.
All 3 are extremely strong on the street.

Cooldown time was minimal between runs...but sometimes you do what you gotta do with the time you have..........

·
1,870 Posts
O.k. I tried Mitch's file as well, I have run Innovatives, and it is sweet. Seat of the pants, Mitch's file is stronger. The file I am trying is not finished, and is being designed to use with NOS, if I decide to go with it. Tons of smoke. The file isn't complete, so the TC unlocks even at 65-70. I am getting an update now with my tire size, and 3.73 gears and will be trying it again. from 60-90 there is nothing that can touch it, and the temps are lower than IDP's. Don't get me wrong, innovatives files rock, but I think I found a new daily driver.

·
680 Posts
I noticed that the dyno runs Unbroken ran showed boost numbers of 27, 27, 29. wondering if that was with a sct 1 or, sct 2 or, it don't matter. Reason I'm asking is because I'm running a sct 1 Max Tourque Innovative file. When I put my foot to the floor the boost gage hits 30 right away, as I pick up speed my boost increases to 36 lbs. and stays there till I let up. Just trying to figure out if its the file, the early 03' turbo, bogus gage? The gage is a Pro-comp Auto Meter that is installed in the elbow. Seems to work fine at any speed or accelleration. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
784 Posts
350ford said:
I noticed that the dyno runs Unbroken ran showed boost numbers of 27, 27, 29. wondering if that was with a sct 1 or, sct 2 or, it don't matter. Reason I'm asking is because I'm running a sct 1 Max Tourque Innovative file. When I put my foot to the floor the boost gage hits 30 right away, as I pick up speed my boost increases to 36 lbs. and stays there till I let up. Just trying to figure out if its the file, the early 03' turbo, bogus gage? The gage is a Pro-comp Auto Meter that is installed in the elbow. Seems to work fine at any speed or accelleration. Any Ideas?

The reason he is seeing lower boost is because the truck is not reading full load using a dyno-jet. For these turbos to fully spool they need the full load(weight) of the truck applied as resistance. You can achieve this on a Mustang or SuperFlo these are eddy-current dynos that apply the full load to the truck . They will allow you to gain "true" numbers.
Thanks,
Jason

1 - 20 of 157 Posts