The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
powerstrokes rule
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sct laid down 382, edge laid down 392, banks 360, diaplo 375, the other edge platium laid 380, these are hp numbers, what do you guys think about this, sct ran the fastest down the track and shifted the best.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Different strokes for different folks.

Edge offers much more flexibility. SCT offers better transmission programming.

Conclusion is that you probably can't go wrong with either approach.

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
Did the Platinum have the unlock code?

LargeCar:usflag :mafia :usflag

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
The unasked question is what and whose SCT tune....cause they are not all created equal?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The HP curve and torque curve are the most important. It's what's under the curve that get's you down the truck. Also, I bet the SCT already had the convertor locked and the other trucks locked during the pull. That will change the numbers significantly.

The truck that makes it through the 1320 the quickest is definitely putting the power down more effectively.

·
powerstrokes rule
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what i forgot to say, the edge spiked that hp for 300 rpm, the sct held that hp for 1500 rpm, the torque curve on the sct was flat from 2300 to 4000, the edge hit max torque at 2300 then fell off very quickly,

·
Registered
598 Posts
jschall said:
The unasked question is what and whose SCT tune....cause they are not all created equal?
That is exactly what I am thinking..Was it off the shelf or custom?..

·
187 Posts
I own both a custom tune from Innovative on a 06 F250. and a Edge Plat. on the other, that has now level 6. Both trucks are identicle. I love the Edge for its versatility, but dont care for the flair shifts. The SCT from Eric is awesome, shifts every time. When we ride side by side up to about 90-95 my SCT truck is always 1 1/2 truck lengths ahead. I believe slightly better torque curve and the ability to shift crisper. Hopes this helps. Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts