The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you install a SCT program and still use youre altitude for your gages...I guess the back down features wouldnt work anymore...Anyone try this before?

Also, My 3rd shift is starting to flare abit with the edge, is my tranny toast or will a SCT tune clear it up a bit?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yes,you can use your attitude monitor on level "0" and run the SCT.
You have to unhook the EDGE and plug back in stock to load the SCT files then hook the EDGE stuff back in once you are through downloading.
I had the EDGE platinum and my truck was flaring like crazy so I took it off before it did any damage and have been running my SCT for about a year now with ZERO shifting issues.
With a properly tuned SCT you will not have to worry about back down features:Thumbup:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome to hear!
So what SCT should i go with? and what tunes? I drive around all day with my edge on 5(still no reason for it to flare), I want a "safe" high hp tune, a pulling tune and maybe a fuel econo tune.....

My truck has 38"s on it, should that matter when getting tunes?

Thanks for your feedback

·
163 Posts
Any extreme tune by the SCT sponsors here are pretty compariable. Anything above that and you WILL have to head stud the motor. Give any one of them a call, they all are very willing to help and get you the right tunes for your combo.

·
163 Posts
I have been running the sct on my 05 dually that has the edge with attiude for a year or so. I never have un-plugged the edge to load a tune. kinda wierd

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Some of the later version's of the juice and the Platinum require you to disconnect the box to flash the vehicle. The older versions do not.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So InnovativeDiesel what crazy tune do u got for me?

My tranny is flaring a bit shifting from 3rd-4th, so i want tranny protection and big power(or more, without popping a gasket:Thumbup: ) tune, a nice towing program and maybe i fuel econo tune...Is this possible? what SCT product would u say i should run?

·
163 Posts
No not at the same time.I use it only for gauges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts