The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck runs AWESOME. But, it is a daily driver. I run DJ's street 2 tune which really rocks. I have won many street races with it but every once in a while you get the guy that just walks on you and you KNOW you can beat him if you could just pull over and change over to the looney tune. I had a guy in a lowered Dodge Dually today that had ALOT of work done. (straight exhaust obviously, airbag suspension, alcoas, ect... seems like no expense spared) I took 2 trucks on him on the highway twice. But then we pulled up next to each other and I saw him hit some switches. He did something that made that thing smoke like no tomorrow. He took an easy two trucks on me from 50-100mph. He must be running something adjustable. Is SCT ever going to make something like that ?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
no one is sure, we all hope so, that is why i run the insanity tune all the time :}
robert

·
132 Posts
I agree. I run DJ looney as a daily driver. It will run fine if you drive as a daily. Just use it when you need it. I have seen that guy running on 95 and he is fast. You should at least hang with him with the Looney:sly: .

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Knock on wood, I have had NO troubles with the truck. I would just hate to run the looney all the time and have a head gasket go. I drive alot everyday and in ALOT of traffic sometimes.

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr Mooring Products said:
I agree. I run DJ looney as a daily driver. It will run fine if you drive as a daily. Just use it when you need it. I have seen that guy running on 95 and he is fast. You should at least hang with him with the Looney:sly: .

I am telling you that I KNOW I can. I smoked him several times. We ran several times. Problem is I guess he needed to either get in his power band or turn up the boost. Not sure how it works with adjustables but he ran real good that last time.

It happened to me once with a Chevy too. It's nice to have that adjustable power but I guess reliability is nice too...:shrug:

·
447 Posts
Man stick that thing in the Looney tune and let it ride as a daily driver. I have ID's Extreme street tune and the truck drives great in traffic but the power is there above half throttle when I need it.

A quick story for ya. I was driving home the other night on a 25mph road doing about 30 and some Ricer was tailgating the hell out of me so bad I could not see the car at most times. Well I let the Rpm's get down real low around 1300 or so and gagged it once and a huge huff of black smoke comes out and I see the azz hole swerve violently to avoid the smoke, I did it two more times and was hoping that he would turn onto the same road as me but he kept straight.

Go with the big boy tune all the time and you will not regret it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Bump up to a higher power program, you should have less issues blowing some doors off then. :Thumbup:

I doubt you'll ever see true on the fly adjustability. With programming you really need to reprogram the processors to change all the information needed to make a true change in power.

·
447 Posts
Hey Eric did you get my reply this morning with my strategy?

Thanks

mowmeover

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Gillagorilla said:
Hey Eric did you get my reply this morning with my strategy?

Thanks

mowmeover
I'm not sure, check and see if someone responded to you yet. If not, please resend. My spam gaurd will unintentionally remove legitimate emails on occasion.

Thanks.

Eric

·
447 Posts
Thanks I just resent the my last response.

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
we run the looney all the time, just drive it with an easy foot and you wont have any worries, although, whats the fun it that? :evil

·
296 Posts
Gillagorilla said:
Man stick that thing in the Looney tune and let it ride as a daily driver. I have ID's Extreme street tune and the truck drives great in traffic but the power is there above half throttle when I need it.

A quick story for ya. I was driving home the other night on a 25mph road doing about 30 and some Ricer was tailgating the hell out of me so bad I could not see the car at most times. Well I let the Rpm's get down real low around 1300 or so and gagged it once and a huge huff of black smoke comes out and I see the azz hole swerve violently to avoid the smoke, I did it two more times and was hoping that he would turn onto the same road as me but he kept straight.

Go with the big boy tune all the time and you will not regret it.
I have a similar story. Going back to the shop yesterday from lunch I was in the fast lane cruisin'. Looked in my mirrors and all of a sudden this jack hole was on my bumper. I usually would smoke a tailgater out but I just loaded the economy tune. I had nothing. The only thing I could do was go the speed limit and tick this guy off. Luckily, he got off at the same exit and had to follow me on windy country roads almost to the shop, and all along tailgating me. It sucks having your hands tied. I might just drive to Vegas tonight with the extreme tune. I hate being unprepared, and instances like this ALWAYS happen when your truck isn't on the go fast setting.

Jeff

·
Pursuit Interceptor
735 Posts
So what's the issue with using an adjustable module and running the SCT at the same time?

TS advertises their 5X loader stacks with their MP-8.

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HeavyAssault said:
So what's the issue with using an adjustable module and running the SCT at the same time?

Good question.... I have always heard that stacking inevitably leads to blown headgaskets but if used only in those emergencies I wonder if they would be that bad.... Can they be stacked ?

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ryansdad said:
I have a similar story. Going back to the shop yesterday from lunch I was in the fast lane cruisin'. Looked in my mirrors and all of a sudden this jack hole was on my bumper. I usually would smoke a tailgater out but I just loaded the economy tune. I had nothing. The only thing I could do was go the speed limit and tick this guy off. Luckily, he got off at the same exit and had to follow me on windy country roads almost to the shop, and all along tailgating me. It sucks having your hands tied. I might just drive to Vegas tonight with the extreme tune. I hate being unprepared, and instances like this ALWAYS happen when your truck isn't on the go fast setting.

Jeff
Wasn't that FRUSTRATING ?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
HeavyAssault said:

hmmmmmm....lets see it's two products made to go together the combination of which is way below the power of Tadd's Insane tune or Eric's Extreme tune......the problem with stacking electronic products is when the different ones tell the same system to do two different things....If you knew that chip x worked on ICP and chip y did nothing to the ICP or any other system that indirectly told the pcm to change ICP then you would be ok.....so stacking two products not made to go with each other is like sticking you hand into a medicine jar full of different pills and expecting the ones you pull out blind folded to treat chronic heat failure......does that make any since...?
Run the big power tunes and drive with good judgement...
jschall

1 - 18 of 18 Posts