The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about my XCal 2. I bought the tuner used from from a guy in CA. that was posted over at the other site (he bought it from Innovative). I just recently got my tunes from Ted and Eric (Tow w/ aggressive tow haul and jake brake, street, and extreme race) but while messing around with the tuner, I noticed a few weird things. When I tried to read DTC's, it said no codes were found. I plugged in my SuperChips 1704 and searched for DTC's and it found codes p408 and p422 if I remember right. I was wondering why the the 1704 found it and not the SCT. Also, is it normal for when the truck is in stock mode and I hook up the SCT, the stock program is still an option in the programming mode. I know they are different but when I had the truck in stock mode and I used the 1704, stock tuning was not an option and only the 1704 tunes were available. Basically, when it is in stock mode I can program it to stock mode with the SCT. Just thought it was kind of weird, I figured that when it was in stock mode, that stock mode would not be an option. Just wanted to ask around and not bother Innovative since I did not buy the tuner directly from them. Thanks

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Make sure you have the xcal2 update from sctflash.com....

·
313 Posts
OK, I gotta ask a stupid question here but I'm new to all the modifing stuff, But is Zoodad Inotice a ton of ppl have it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
963 Posts
If the Xcal still has the Stock option, it is still locked to your buddies truck. You need to unlock it. Hook it to your PC, and use LiveLoad from SCTFLASH.COM to unlock it.

Loki

1 - 5 of 5 Posts