The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be getting a sct soon and have a few questions.
1) does the canned tunes that come with it have trans controls or do i need to get those seperate?
2) which one is better the x3 or the sf3
3) who makes the best tune for towing and still wanting to have fun without the trailer on?

·
493 Posts
i would get the x3 from one of the vendors with custom tunes. Don't waste your money on the canned stuff. I have heard good stuff about most of the tuners here, but I have only run Vivians tunes and they are very good. Give quicktricks a call and see what pricing they have on a tuner with custom tunes.

·
138 Posts
I second what he said.... I got a used livewire and the canned tunes as well as the spartan free, archived tunes didnt run worth a crap on my truck. I had very bad hesitation with all of the tunes like it was starving for fuel.

I purchased tunes from Eric at innovative and it runs like a champ now. Do yourself a favor... Plan on buying custom tunes. The only other thing you might want to do is get gauges or a livewire or something so that you can watch your engine while towing.... you dont want to ruin it.

·
528 Posts
Definately get custom tunes for it. I used my canned tunes for about a year then talking with the guys on here thet sent me to Eric from Innovative diesel. Truck pulls alot harder with his tunes. Well worth the money.

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was planning on getting cutoms tunes later on after i do head studs. so are the canned tunes safe for the head bolts? the trailer is at most 7k lbs.

·
493 Posts
you can get get custom tunes that are safe also. you don;t have to get an extreme file

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx and do the canned tunes come with trans control thou? i know that the customs do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts