The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sct 2 with 3 files from ID. The extreme street is the highest one i have for power. With TC lockup on 3rd,4th,and 5th. I talk to ted on the phone and he said i could get there extreme race, but it would not be much of a difference. I would like to stay on #2 only. Whats my option. Is there anyone out there that can write a program with some good # for power? I am trying to wait till next year to spend the big money. Ted says i should be around 400rwhp now. How far can you go on the stock injectors?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Stock injectors and the stock turbo are both limitations to making additional power safely. After that point, you can get a little more 02 and some cooling with nitrous. 03-04 trucks normally see 415-440rwhp/760-800rwtq and 05+ trucks are around 400rwhp/730-760rwtq.

I'd recommend studs and removing the EGR to safely increase power closer to the high 400 to low 500rwhp range.

·
Registered
221 Posts
looking at your signature you probably should try a set of gear before wanting more power. those 37's make a HUGE difference in the power and torque lost. Most of the time will not feel it in a diesel truck when you go to the bigger tires. However if you ever switch back to stock size you will think your truck is on drugs. I had 4:88 in my last jeep that 37's. In two wheel drive i could power brake it with just the little 4.0 ltr motor.

Id bet a set of 4:10 or 4:30 (tow boss gears) would be night and day with those tires not to mention a lot less stress on the trans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts