The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone kno how to stop the seatbelt chime on the 07's i kno u could in older models but im wonderin if anyone knos how to do it on the 07

·
Registered
119 Posts
RebelBullrider said:
anyone kno how to stop the seatbelt chime on the 07's i kno u could in older models but im wonderin if anyone knos how to do it on the 07
I'll go out on a limb here, I know the chime can be annoying, (I call mine by my wife's name) but it's for a good reason, just put the seat belt on, it might just save your face, or your neck, or your spleen etc. etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wear it when im on the road there gen4 but i drive around in alot of ports and things at 5 miles an hour gettin in and out so it kinda gets annoying but thanks for the advice everyone and i had put it in both the 08 and 07 forums snowaholic thanks

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
RebelBullrider said:
i wear it when im on the road there gen4 but i drive around in alot of ports and things at 5 miles an hour gettin in and out so it kinda gets annoying but thanks for the advice everyone and i had put it in both the 08 and 07 forums snowaholic thanks
No prob, anytime!!! I just lurk all over the place.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes,with the seat belt out just press the reless trigger and it should turn it off,or put the seat belt in the holder thing and sit on top of it when not in use.

·
10 Posts
Seat Belt Chime

In Regards to your seat belt chime driving you crazy, mine did the same. You can cure the issue be getting behind the drivers seat(mine is a quad cab so it was easy) there is a wire harness there for the seat belt. unplug that and that will get rid of the noise, but not the idiot light. Now take a small piece of tinfoil, like a couple inch square is lots and now stuff that down into the connector onto the 2 pins on the truck's half of that plug and then you will have no more idiot light either. I did the same on my 04 I had too and now the 07. It would drive me nuts also as I am in and out frequently and just moving around a yard.
Enjoy the silence:)

·
3,754 Posts
Either take the wires off the bottom and twist them or run to aj unk yard get an old seat belt clip and put in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Buckle the seat belt, turn the key on. Latch and unlatch it 3 times ending with it buckled, turn the key off. You should hear one ding if you did it right.

·
Registered
129 Posts
dodeybob22 said:
Buckle the seat belt, turn the key on. Latch and unlatch it 3 times ending with it buckled, turn the key off. You should hear one ding if you did it right.
:Thumbup:

Worked on mine...

=)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts